Performance Problem

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
stepwise

Performance Problem

Postby stepwise » 15 Aug 2006

Hi there,

With regards to downloading data - this is ok.

What it is doing (as far as I understand) is running through all the ticks on the local database ticks and calculating (on the fly) each tick bar. So, for example, if I load a 30 tick chart, it runs through every 30 ticks to calculate the high, low, open and close.

The performance is really bad. So, to be sure, I opened up Quote Manager to ensure that I had the tick data I am after. Data loaded and stored no problem.

Then I opened up a new chart and specified that I ONLY want to connect to the local database (3rd option). It took 6 minutes to load a small 30 tick chart.

I use 3 tick charts PER workspace - with 3 - 7 workspaces!!!. I certainly cannot wait that long just to open 1 chart.

I am hoping this is a setting misconfiguration on my part or a quick fix of some kind. If not, I will have to pass on MC as a viable platform.

Please let me know when you get a chance - I love everything else, so this would be a real shame.

Chris

Postby Chris » 15 Aug 2006

From my experiencing with MC there seems to be something wrong (whatever it is), because the access to the local database is quite fast normally. It's more a matter of seconds than minutes.

stepwise

That's what I am hoping. For Daily and Minute charts it is not an issue - only Tick charts.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 15 Aug 2006

Could you please tell us more details about this? What is the version of MultiCharts, the data source, is the data coming from local storage or downloaded? I totally agree with Chris, the performance should not be an issue with such settings.

stepwise

I think maybe I my workspace file was corrupted.

Both problems I posted I could not reproduce in a new workspace.

I have been working in the one workspace to get my templates working and such. So, perhaps something went wrong with the file at some point.

I'll start with new workspaces and see if I encounter the problem then.

Sorry.

Return to “MultiCharts”