Autorestart automated strategy  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
SirHC

Autorestart automated strategy

Postby SirHC » 05 Apr 2013

Hi,
Is there a way to restart automatically an automated strategy on monday morning?
On friday night, data feeding and broker connection are lost.
I can auto-restart broker and data on monday or sunday night but how a strat can go again automated without human intervention ?

thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Autorestart automated strategy

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Apr 2013

Hello SirHC,

If automated order execution has been turned off on your charts - then you need to turn it on manually on each chart.

Since MultiCharts 8.5 Release autotrading is automatically turned on in workspaces in which it was enabled during shutdown. The user is prompted for confirmation prior to start of autotrading.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 07 Apr 2013

The prompt for autotrading after a restart of the platform doesn't work well. There's got to be an easier way to restart our strategies.. I'll post ideas after I think about it a bit more.

SirHC

Postby SirHC » 08 Apr 2013

I'm currenty doing tests.
And after a weekend, automated systems does not start on sunday night or monday morning.

I put 9999 on Connecting settings option : Disable autotrading after x second.
I can't leave it blank.
May be I need to put 0.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 08 Apr 2013

The prompt for autotrading after a restart of the platform doesn't work well. There's got to be an easier way to restart our strategies.. I'll post ideas after I think about it a bit more.
You could create a simple Macro to do the confirmation for you, something like "Macroexpress" could do it easily..

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Apr 2013

The prompt for autotrading after a restart of the platform doesn't work well.
Please elaborate what does not work exactly.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Apr 2013

I'm currenty doing tests.
And after a weekend, automated systems does not start on sunday night or monday morning.

I put 9999 on Connecting settings option : Disable autotrading after x second.
I can't leave it blank.
May be I need to put 0.
Are you referring to automated start of auto trading once you open a workspace?
Do you turn off the auto trading prior to closing the workspace? Are your settings set to save the workspace on close (attach a screenshot of File->Preferences->Workspaces tab)?
Does it work the other days?

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 08 Apr 2013

Thanks, SPtrader. Yes, a macro can fix a lot of the issues within a trading platform. However, I think it would be in everyone's best interest if the platform did simple tasks like this itself.

Henry, I posted this on my Suggestions, Annoyances, and Small bugs thread. Sorry for the double post, but since it's requested here:

The prompt for autotrading after a restart of the platform doesn't work well. It's more annoying than anything because of it not being implemented correctly.

Additions or suggested fixes to auto trading prompt after restart:
-if you have more than one window that's autotrading, there's no way to tell which one the prompt is for and because we have to type in all that nonsense (size and price of trade) ourselves, we can really mess things up if this is done incorrectly or for the incorrect window. There needs to be an indication of what window the prompt is for and the information should be automatically filled out for us so we can simply confirm the numbers and click OK.
-Unless we have the Order and Trade Manager open or the chart open with the price clearly visible, there's no way to know the entry price to plug into this prompt.
-There needs to be a cancel button on this prompt!

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 09 Apr 2013

Thanks, SPtrader. Yes, a macro can fix a lot of the issues within a trading platform. However, I think it would be in everyone's best interest if the platform did simple tasks like this itself.

Henry, I posted this on my Suggestions, Annoyances, and Small bugs thread. Sorry for the double post, but since it's requested here:

The prompt for autotrading after a restart of the platform doesn't work well. It's more annoying than anything because of it not being implemented correctly.

Additions or suggested fixes to auto trading prompt after restart:
-if you have more than one window that's autotrading, there's no way to tell which one the prompt is for and because we have to type in all that nonsense (size and price of trade) ourselves, we can really mess things up if this is done incorrectly or for the incorrect window. There needs to be an indication of what window the prompt is for and the information should be automatically filled out for us so we can simply confirm the numbers and click OK.
-Unless we have the Order and Trade Manager open or the chart open with the price clearly visible, there's no way to know the entry price to plug into this prompt.
-There needs to be a cancel button on this prompt!
Maybe MC should write down/store information of last trades generated by auto trade, when one starts the auto-trading back after weekend shut down or connection issues etc, the auto trading prompt picks up relevant details from stored information on PC, giving the user option to accept them, modify or cancel prompt as suggested by MATrick

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Apr 2013

There needs to be an indication of what window the prompt is for

How do you want to have this done? Same way "Do you want to enable AT for next strategies" window does that - shows Strategy name and chart info (symbol, resolution, broker)?
information should be automatically filled out for us so we can simply confirm the numbers and click OK.
We are going to add auto fill of the values in "Assign the Initial Market Position at the Broker" window in the next version of MultiCharts.
There needs to be a cancel button on this prompt!
You mean cancel starting the auto trading on this chart, right?
Attachments
AT.png
(14.98 KiB) Downloaded 2562 times

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 09 Apr 2013

1. I'm not sure how better to notify a trader of which window he's turning on. Maybe jumping to the window and highlighting it? Maybe adding the account number, broker, symbol, and strategy to the prompt? I personally haven't figured a good resolution to this issue, but this is a completely useless feature for anyone trading more than 1 strategy or 1 account until a change is made.

2. Yay! This will make me feel better about #1.

3. A window pops up for each strategy that's auto-trading. There's no indication which account/window/strategy it's applied to. What do we do?? Until I realized how silly the feature is, I'd take a quick risk and click FLAT which would be my "cancel" because there's no cancel button, and quickly correct all the nonsense that had just been applied to my account. Now, if I close MC with SA on, I select not to engage auto-trading and then re sync everything myself.

Attachments
2013-04-09_1435.png
(16.54 KiB) Downloaded 2620 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Autorestart automated strategy  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Apr 2013

"Cancel button" and "Strategy/chart info" improvements for Assign initial market position window were added to our to-do list.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 10 Apr 2013

"Cancel button" and "Strategy/chart info" improvements for Assign initial market position window were added to our to-do list.
Will the proposed functionality automatically synchronize broker-chart, replacing use of strategy "!From Broker to strategy MP synchronizer".

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Apr 2013

SUPER, if you are referring to
We are going to add auto fill of the values in "Assign the Initial Market Position at the Broker" window in the next version of MultiCharts.
then not exactly. It will just "fill in" the assign position window on initial start of auto trading, while the synchronizer script constantly monitors the positions and keeps them in sync.

Return to “MultiCharts”