Any tuts on how to convert EL to MC .net & NT to MC .net?

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Azharr

Any tuts on how to convert EL to MC .net & NT to MC .net?

Postby Azharr » 08 Apr 2013

I was wondering why does multicharts have 2 version (I have always wonder and find it rather confusing actually - are they planning to move MC regular to MC .net in the future?).

As a "starter" & non programmer I find it confusing initially on which prog.lang to go...

since the release of MC starter edition I decided to go for the free ones as to minimize expenses

personally I like multicharts user interface and workspace more then NT but unfortunately many methodology,indicators and such are produced in ninjascript.

do I need to spend "years" or is there a shorter/better way to learn how to convert ninjascript so that it can be use in multicharts.

thank you all

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Any tuts on how to convert EL to MC .net & NT to MC .net

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Apr 2013

Hello Azharr,

MultiCharts and MultiCharts .NET have the same functionality but are using different programming languages:
With MultiCharts you can create a study using EasyLanguage/PowerLanguage
With MultiCharts .Net you can create a study using C# or VisualBasic.Net

Studies from MC .Net cannot be used in regular MultiCharts and viсe versa.
As a "starter" & non programmer I find it confusing initially on which prog.lang to go...
MultiCharts .Net is oriented to experienced programmers. It is considered that PowerLanguage is easier for starters and non programmers but the final decision is up to you.

At the moment we are working on the updated MultiCharts .NET guide that will contain important and useful information not only for beginners but for experienced MC .Net users as well. The guide should become available within a week.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”