Automated Trading Interface For IB

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
widgetman

Automated Trading Interface For IB

Postby widgetman » 15 Aug 2006

Hi,
Is there going to be a interface added to the beta in the near future to allow Automated Trades in IB from a Signal strategy? Any update on a time frame would be appreciated.

Chris

Re: Automated Trading Interface For IB

Postby Chris » 15 Aug 2006

Hi,
Is there going to be a interface added to the beta in the near future to allow Automated Trades in IB from a Signal strategy? Any update on a time frame would be appreciated.
Once the strategies are fully implemented you should be able to route the orders generated by your strategy to the broker of your choice (in case it's supported - and IB will).
If I am not totally wrong you can already send orders to your broker from the Trademanager window (although I'd strongly suggest to test it on your paper trading account first).

widgetman

Automated Trading

Postby widgetman » 16 Aug 2006

Hi Chris,
I am not sure I understand what you mean. When I load a new trade manager chart all of the options are grayed out. I don't think that feature is working in the latest beta yet. I agree this would be the interface mechanism for managing a trade, but I think some script code is involved to get the signal trigger to fire off a order. I was able to get Multicharts to talk to another trading platform (NT) through the API interface they provided, but it was not stable. I would prefer to have the signals and orders managed in one program like Multicharts. Hopefully they will have something to play with soon :)

Chris

Postby Chris » 16 Aug 2006

Hi widgetman,

you need to connect the TM to IB, then it should work. Pleaseb take a look at the attached picture, showing an order send from the TM to IB.

Chris
Attachments
TradeManagerMC.PNG
(69.94 KiB) Downloaded 1398 times

Postby Guest » 16 Aug 2006

Hi Chris,

does it work withh your real account too or only with your IB-demoaccount?
I have the problem that i cant change the filed Client ID from 0 to my account number.

Hi Chris,

does it work with your real account too or only with your IB-demoaccount?
I have the problem that i cant change the field Client ID from 0 to my account number.

Chris

If it works with my demo account I am sure that it will work with the real account, too. Because it's absolutely the same software, only the user name and password is different.

Chris

Hi Chris,

does it work with your real account too or only with your IB-demoaccount?
I have the problem that i cant change the field Client ID from 0 to my account number.
There is nothing to change manually - the TradeManager will obtain your Client ID, accound number, account balance etc. directly from the IB software.

Ok, found the problem. Buttontrader blocks the connection. It seems that you cant use 2 different front ends at the same time.

widgetman

Postby widgetman » 16 Aug 2006

Hi,
I was able to get a trade manager to connect to a live IB account. I tried to enter a limit buy order and could not get the order to appear in IB. Is there a trick to this ? I also was wondering it the logic is in the MC platform yet to actually send an order from a signal indicator when it fires.
Thanks

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 17 Aug 2006

I was able to get a trade manager to connect to a live IB account. I tried to enter a limit buy order and could not get the order to appear in IB. Is there a trick to this ?[/qiote]
Please look up the Messages tab in TradeManager, there should be an event log displayed; most probably the reason was thet you were not connected.
I also was wondering it the logic is in the MC platform yet to actually send an order from a signal indicator when it fires.
So far signals are not sent for execution.

michel

Postby michel » 23 Aug 2006

Hi,

I am currenty trying to send automaticly order form TM to IB but nothing appears on IB platform. I already have done it with success with TS but here it is more simple but I cant. I wondered if it was normal that there is no box to chek "generate order" at the bottom of the Format Signal window.

I someone could help me.

Thank you.

Michel

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 23 Aug 2006

Automated order sending from MultiCharts is not implemented yet.
When it's ready we hope it will be simple and user-friendly, but so far there is none.

michel

Postby michel » 23 Aug 2006

thanks Alex, I just break my head on it all the afternoon, hopefully you answer very fast so now I can relax.

Could you tell me when could we expect to have this option available?

Return to “MultiCharts”