Power Language assistance

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
trader

Power Language assistance

Postby trader » 17 Aug 2006

I would appreciate any PL help :

1. I would like to plot a study on the current bar only(i.e. on one bar only).

(I have tried "noplot(1)" but it only charts in the plot1[-1] position, or plot1[-2] etc... but not plot1[0])

2. I would like the chart scaling of a chart to synch. numerically with another/different time period chart.

thanks to anyone who responds,
Trader

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 18 Aug 2006

1. Here's a piece of code for you; substitute formula with your own indicator.

Input : formula(close);
Plot1(formula);
if not LastBarOnChart then NoPlot(1);

If i understand you right, this will do what you need, but with a hopefully minor difference - this will dispaly the indicator value on the first and the last bars of the chart, but not on any others in between.

2. Could you please explain the request in more detail, I did not seem to catch exactly what you meant?

trader

Postby trader » 18 Aug 2006

Alex,
1. When I implement this, based on your sample code: the indicator plots on the current 500v bar, but also remains on the screen when a "new" 500v bar begins to plot. I only want a plot on the current bar. In your example the indicators stay "plotted" on the chart as the day evolves.

2. For example, In a workspace I have a weekly chart displaying 5 price bars. Format symbol>scaling>scale type>"screen". In the same workspace there is a daily chart and I would like to have the daily chart display the same max. min. scale values as the weekly chart(as the weekly evolves) without having to go into the daily chart: user defined>max. min., and manually update these.

Appreciate your assistance,
Trader

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 20 Aug 2006

Alex,
1. When I implement this, based on your sample code: the indicator plots on the current 500v bar, but also remains on the screen when a "new" 500v bar begins to plot. I only want a plot on the current bar. In your example the indicators stay "plotted" on the chart as the day evolves.
You can try to use trendline in this case and delete it every time the new bar appears.
2. For example, In a workspace I have a weekly chart displaying 5 price bars. Format symbol>scaling>scale type>"screen". In the same workspace there is a daily chart and I would like to have the daily chart display the same max. min. scale values as the weekly chart(as the weekly evolves) without having to go into the daily chart: user defined>max. min., and manually update these.

Appreciate your assistance,
Trader
It's not possible so far.

Return to “MultiCharts”