Bracket order cancellation on ASync trading

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
felixtjung

Bracket order cancellation on ASync trading

Postby felixtjung » 09 Dec 2011

Recently, I gave ASync trading feature a try.

I noticed when
1. The price hit the stop loss "on chart"
AND
2. "Real broker order" is not filled within that bar by the broker side

then, MC will actually cancel my bracket order both "target limit" and my "stop loss" orders which in turn make my position open without absolutely no safety belt in place. Is this there by design or a bug?

The order cancellation is done with reason "Order is not filled within the specified bar.".

I'm still using MC 6 because MC 7 is not really stable for me.

Cheer,
Felix

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Bracket order cancellation on ASync trading

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Dec 2011

The order was not filled because the order price did not meet the broker price.
For example some brokers cannot execute the order on ES symbol with price xxxx.37
Only the orders with step 0.25 can be filled.
So there is no bug.

felixtjung

Postby felixtjung » 13 Dec 2011

The order was not filled because the order price did not meet the broker price.
For example some brokers cannot execute the order on ES symbol with price xxxx.37
Only the orders with step 0.25 can be filled.
So there is no bug.
I said "Order is not filled within the specified bar." NOT "The order was not filled because the order price did not meet the broker price.". Beside, I'm pretty sure all of my order is rounded to the nearest digit for my instrument (e.g. multiplication 0.0001 for forex pair). So, I don't think this is the case.

Whether there's a bug or not / (whether it's bad price or unfilled timeout), it doesn't change the fact that multicharts in my case cancel my target and stop loss order unexpectedly leaving my position open unguarded. So, this is something that you at least need to put more thought into.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Dec 2011

In Async mode the order can be filled on the chart but not filled at the broker.
For ex. the target price was touched but then price retraced, the volume was not sufficient at the broker.
To avoid the described situation there are two options:
in Format->Strategy properties->Auto trading->enable Convert unexecuted limit/stop orders to market orders
or use the Syncronized auto trading mode.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 26 Apr 2013

How is it even possible to have an unfilled stoploss if the stoploss price is touched by the broker's data?

Even in ASync mode, price hits stop, then if a stoploss, this will only ever be a stopmarket type order ie a vitually guaranteed fill.

If the broker's data did indeed hit the stop price and the stoploss order was not filled then this has got me very worried indeed!

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 May 2013

How is it even possible to have an unfilled stoploss if the stoploss price is touched by the broker's data?
That is the question to the broker-why such order was not filled. That is possible that there was not enough volume, but only the broker can know the exact reason for such occurrence.

Return to “MultiCharts”