MarketCast data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
miltonc4

MarketCast data

Postby miltonc4 » 06 Sep 2006

Whenever this servise goes off air,the lost data is made up into the MarketCast folders later that night.but because the Global server was not fed data because of the "Off Air situation" there is a gap in Global server data

Unfortunately,they dont have a way to access this data,or rather cannot export it to ASCII or other
Does MultiCharts know of a way to access the files somehow,so that this lost data can be added manually to Global Server
Thanks
Milton

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 09 Sep 2006

Dear Milton,

I'm afraid MultiCharts can't edit GlobalServer data but you can check our HistoryCentre tool which allows you to create xpo files and then import the data into the GlobalServer. Please follow the link to learn more:

http://tssupport.com/addons/hc/

miltonc4

Postby miltonc4 » 09 Sep 2006

Hi Stanley
Are you saying that History centre can directly access the MCast data format stored on the C:\Program Files\MarketCast\data(Or whereever the tick data is stored) and convert this format to Global server format ?

MCast dont have an ASCII export function,but tick data is stored in files that Multicharts somehow reads
Need to have History centre access and read the same historical tick files(May not be ASCII format),so it can be exported/converted from MCast into Global server format
Please confirm
Thanks
Milton :D

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 15 Sep 2006

If that's so and MarketCast has its proprietary data format only, no ASCII export, then it won't work.

foxtrot

Re: Mcast export

Postby foxtrot » 17 Sep 2006

Hi Milton,
Are you using the Mcast database or the Globalserver for your MCharts feed? Up till now I haven't found the Mcast plugin for Mcharts to work properly, so gave up and kept using the Globalserver as a feed.

You can export the data out of the Mcast Dbase using a DOS utility as a screen dump. Has to be cleaned up in Excel then use Hypertools or Historycentre to create the XMO file. Something to do when you want to burn up a lot of time. Trouble is, this time when they had all their problems they lost data at their end as well. If you want the details of the routine, contact me directly at xxabrewsterxxAxTxxbigxpond.comxx removing x's. Isn't life wonderful dodging spammers.

Cheers, Foxtrot

miltonc4

Postby miltonc4 » 19 Sep 2006

Hi Foxtrot
I also could not get MCharts to connect directly to MCharts,and gave up as well....maybe with the latest version its better??
I use the QBL adapta to connect MCast to Global server as a feed

Have had another thought,If MCharts connected properly to MarketCast data,then MultiCharts could then export an ASCII file that could be converted by History centre and imported back into Global server

Maybe we should try again with Helpdesk to see if it can be connected to MCast as it should be.

Milton

miltonc4

Postby miltonc4 » 20 Sep 2006

Hi Foxtrot/All
The problem was that the wrong SDK path was shown in the settings and was corrected by doing the following:-
QuoteManager/Tools /Data sources/MarketCast/Settings and changing the SDK path to read:
C:\WINDOWS\system32
This will make MarketCast go online
Now,MultiCharts will chart and export the tick data collected directly from MarketCast data server
All it needs is for it to be converted to global server format,and imported
Thanks to HelpDesk for the assistance
Milton :D

Return to “MultiCharts”