TS data gap  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

TS data gap  [SOLVED]

Postby Guest » 25 Sep 2006

I am getting a data gap with my TS data on the EC continuous contract when I turn off my PC at night and then turn on in the morning. This does not happen with my e-signal data feed for the same contract.

Can someone tell me how to correct this problem with my TS data feed?

Hunter

Chris

Re: TS data gap

Postby Chris » 25 Sep 2006

I am getting a data gap with my TS data on the EC continuous contract when I turn off my PC at night and then turn on in the morning. This does not happen with my e-signal data feed for the same contract.

Can someone tell me how to correct this problem with my TS data feed?

Hunter
Hunter,

I am having this problem from to time to time, too. In my opinion it only happens when I let MC start TS.

If I start TS manually and open a chart for @EC for example and then chart this in MC too, I don't have gaps on the next open.

To overcome those gaps I'd suggest to open TS, load a chart for the symbol (@EC in this case) and manually force TS to reload the data for a couple of days by hitting "CTRL + R". The there shouldn't be any gaps on the TS chart anymore. Switch over to MC and open the same chart there. If you are seeing any gaps there, reload the data again, but this time in MC.

This was the procedure that always helped me - until I started to manually open the chart in TS first and the in MC.

Hopefully this can help you too,

Chris

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 26 Sep 2006

Thanks for the input, Chris - actually, it makes sense to launch all kinds of data sources manually before starting the data retrieval in MultiCharts.
For instance, recently there have been data downloading problems with IB that could be fixed in a similar way.

Return to “MultiCharts”