Currency Pairs and Data Feed length

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
pricerxl

Currency Pairs and Data Feed length

Postby pricerxl » 24 Sep 2006

- What currency pairs are provide with MCFX data feed (I read 24, but does it include NOKSEK for example).

- What is the length of historical datas for this timeframes :

Daily : -
60 Min : -
15 min : -
5 min : -
1 min : -
Tick : -

TS provide 1 min intraday Forex data from 01/10/2002. I'm looking to replace my TS 8.1 subsciption by MCFX but I need at least the same historical lenght.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 25 Sep 2006

With our FXCM data the NOKSEK pair is not currently availble.

As to history data lenght, we have all resolutions including ticks from year 2001 (this is the most tick data anyone offers).

pricerxl

Postby pricerxl » 25 Sep 2006

1min and Ticks from 2001 !!!! whaow ... very good, much better than TS (1min from 10/2002 and 6 month of ticks "only").

Ok so what is the average delay to complete a 5 min history from 2001 on a average ADSL line ? (some of your customers could reply)

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 26 Sep 2006

We use very advanced packing algorithms allowing to send a million quotes in some 5-6 seconds; speed is a dafinite advantage of MCFX so such an example may take as little as 15 seconds or so.

pricerxl

Postby pricerxl » 26 Sep 2006

Very good. So MCFX seems to be usable not only for "AT addicts" but for real active traders too.

I read in this Forum that the current FX data source is often off (because of your actual price source reliability I suppose). When does it become fully usable without any problem ?

Another question : to change from TS 8.1 to MC I need Backtests and RadarScreen features. When will this two features will become available in a final stable release ? (currently in beta mode I suppose).

Thank you for your reply.

Alex Kramer

As concerns the datafeed stability, it seems to be fixed. We took care of our server side problems and forced FXCM to take care of theirs - as a result we had no server problems except scheduled maintenance downtime for 3 weeks running.

Simple strategy backtesting (not portfolio yet) is already available in the public beta versions, market scanning is under development.
As to when those are released in a stable version, I can't name an exact date so far.

pricerxl

Postby pricerxl » 26 Sep 2006

Ok, so when the FXCM data source go down during, saying, one day, do you retreive all the missing bars when they restart. Is there any risk of missing datas in the history for MCFX customers ?

And regarding the stable final release including Backtesting feature I don't need an exact deadline but only an approximative expected delay from today (Three weeks ... two months ... six month).

Thank you

Alex Kramer

The data will be stored and made avaialble as soon as the data service goes back online, no risk of stuff getting lost.
As to the new stable version, it is due soon - scheduled to be out already but rescheduled for bug fixing.

Return to “MCFX”