Chart Not Showing All Bars

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tony

Chart Not Showing All Bars

Postby tony » 25 Jun 2013

Rookie question here. I have an instrument on a chart with bars equal to 1 day and going back 60 bars. But the chart is only showing 12 bars and it is not scrolling as if there are more bars to be seen nor can you zoom out. I assume I'm missing something dumb as to why I am not seeing the entire chart.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Chart Not Showing All Bars

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Jun 2013

Hello tony,

Which data provider do you use ?

tony

IQFeed. If I switch to an intraday I get the scroll bar and see all the bars, it's the daily I don't using Treasury futures.

tony

I just tried it again to confirm and make sure I wasn't losing it. If I switch to a 60 day chart I only see 12 candles and NO scroll bar. So it appears only 12 bars are populating in total and I only see 12 on my screen. The spacing between bars is the default setting and I still have half the chart (to the right) as blank space. So it's likely not a spacing issue.

SP

Postby SP » 25 Jun 2013

If you have on the settings "Build minute and daily bars based on tick data" at the Quotemager checked, MC builds it with tick data.
IQFeed provides 120 days of tick data only at non session hours, else you can only go back 8-12 days. So you need to reload your chart after the pit close for the complete history or uncheck the option in the Quotemager.

tony

If you have on the settings "Build minute and daily bars based on tick data" at the Quotemager checked, MC builds it with tick data.
IQFeed provides 120 days of tick data only at non session hours, else you can only go back 8-12 days. So you need to reload your chart after the pit close for the complete history or uncheck the option in the Quotemager.
Thank you for the help. I did indeed have that field checked and have unchecked it, quit MC, logged back in (and verified this is unchecked) and I'm still only capturing 12 daily bars. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Jun 2013

tony, you need to reload your chart using Ctrl+R.

tony

Postby tony » 26 Jun 2013

tony, you need to reload your chart using Ctrl+R.
Perfect, thanks to all.

Return to “MultiCharts”