MULTICHARTS 8.7 RELEASE [updated]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
admin

MULTICHARTS 8.7 RELEASE [updated]

Postby admin » 30 Jun 2013

MultiCharts 8.7 Release is a major upgrade that has new robust functionality and features: support for microsecond/millisecond data, Time & Sales, Tick-by-Tick Global Playback, and new discretionary and auto-trading options that give you more freedom and flexibility. MultiCharts has the full arsenal to be a successful trader.

Make sure you ask our support if you have any questions.

Learn more...

How to Migrate from MultiCharts 32 bit to MultiCharts 64 bit
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... rts_64_bit

CrazyNasdaq

Re: MULTICHARTS 8.7 RELEASE

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 01 Jul 2013

Hi, good work for all the improvments even if I like very much more the old resolution of bar spacing in the chart.
Multicharts 8.5 was much more clear then Multichart 8.7
For this new behaviour my vote is -1
Very good for all other new stuff

MC 8.5 DAX future 6 point chart

MC 8.7 DAX future 6 point chart (less bars then previous chart, worst resolution and detail)
Last edited by CrazyNasdaq on 01 Jul 2013, edited 1 time in total.

KhaosTrader

Postby KhaosTrader » 01 Jul 2013

Where are the instructions for the feature:

"AutoLoad Workspaces based on Command Line Parameters"

?

janus

Postby janus » 01 Jul 2013

Impressive list of new features. Well done. Of course I will first upgrade on my test PC before using it on my main one. Question: is it OK to upgrade from 8.0 straight to 8.7, or should I first upgrade to 8.5 then 8.7? My test PC is already running 8.7beta but my main one is still on 8.0.

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 02 Jul 2013

I definitly decide to revert to Multicharts 8.7 beta 2 which had normal and much more clear candle chart.
If you compress the chart a little bit, candles become tiny lines unreadable as candles.
In my opinion (first time in many years using Multicharts ) this kind of chart is very very bad and is impossible to make any kind of analysis on candles. You can do it only if you look at few candle miss regarding the entire movment of the market and focalizing only on the very last part of the movment.

If you want to stay with this type of chart, please insert a flag or something else somewhere that make the customer to choose which kind of candle plot, the old one (which I prefer) or the new one. Other way I can't upgrade to any new release with this type of chart anymore in the future.
This is the first time that I'm very sad of a new feature which was not there in MC 8.7 beta 2

janus

Postby janus » 02 Jul 2013

I see what you mean. The new chart looks terrible. No thanks I won't be upgrading until it's fixed.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 02 Jul 2013

Where are the instructions for the feature:

"AutoLoad Workspaces based on Command Line Parameters"

?
Hello KhaosTrader,

Please see the following MC Wiki article: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... Parameters

Dave Masalov

I definitly decide to revert to Multicharts 8.7 beta 2 which had normal and much more clear candle chart.
If you compress the chart a little bit, candles become tiny lines unreadable as candles.
In my opinion (first time in many years using Multicharts ) this kind of chart is very very bad and is impossible to make any kind of analysis on candles. You can do it only if you look at few candle miss regarding the entire movment of the market and focalizing only on the very last part of the movment.

If you want to stay with this type of chart, please insert a flag or something else somewhere that make the customer to choose which kind of candle plot, the old one (which I prefer) or the new one. Other way I can't upgrade to any new release with this type of chart anymore in the future.
This is the first time that I'm very sad of a new feature which was not there in MC 8.7 beta 2
Hello,

The issue has already been fixed. The updated version will be available shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience.

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 02 Jul 2013

Code: Select all

... this kind of chart is very very bad and is impossible to make any kind of analysis on candles
Come down "CRAZYNASDAQ" ... Since when you can make candle analysis in range charts ? Close is always on the high or low .... How many candles you want to load in a range chart without having it pushed together ? In a FDAX chart with 6 point (3 full points) range chart ? LOL .... Big Time LoL !!!

This is way stupid and don't make you more important than you are ...

arnie

Postby arnie » 02 Jul 2013

Personally I don't dislike this. It gives me more data on the chart.
For those that do candle analysis I agree that this definitely difficult their job but when just looking at highs and lows we do have more data available.

Maybe MC could give an option (sorry guys, I know how you are against options on top of options :) ) for us to choose how many pixels we want to candle body (like IRT). This way, independently the zoom percentage, the candle body would be always the same size.

arnie

Postby arnie » 02 Jul 2013

I can't remember if I've already spoken about this, If I did I apologize mentioning it again but this is really getting on my nerves....

How in god's name can I switch Off my "gann swing" study if the damn button is always moving?

Please, please, "hot fix" it.

http://www.screencast.com/t/otdXxQsnhXH

piranhaxp

How in god's name can I switch Off my "gann swing" study if the damn button is always moving?

I disagree .... because I like watching games like this ... :)

Dave Masalov

I can't remember if I've already spoken about this, If I did I apologize mentioning it again but this is really getting on my nerves....

Hello arnie,

Please uncheck the Enable Tracking Mode check box on the Status Line tab of the Format Window Window. It should solve the problem.

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 02 Jul 2013

... this kind of chart is very very bad and is impossible to make any kind of analysis on candles
Come down "CRAZYNASDAQ" ... Since when you can make candle analysis in range charts ? Close is always on the high or low .... How many candles you want to load in a range chart without having it pushed together ? In a FDAX chart with 6 point (3 full points) range chart ? LOL .... Big Time LoL !!!

This is way stupid and don't make you more important than you are ...
I don't want to be more important than I'm, I simply want to watch my chart as I watched them before and if this hurts you, that's only you and your consideration.
Here, we use to say "be clear, be happy and leave other people do their job".

piranhaxp

2 Cents only ....

When you are talking or complaining about prob's where no prob's are, well done.

From theoretically standpoint it should be obvious that if you are putting more and more data in a fixed (MC chart) visible time frame it is not possible to show the data in the same resolution like less data. There always will be a point where visibility is a problem if you expect to have the same visibility with much more data. It's like an equation. If you change just one variable in 99% there will be another result. To have the same result you have to change more than one variable or to leave it like it is. It is so simple.

Never saw someone analyzing candles 200 bars away from the current price .... Not in 5min Charts nor in 6 point range charts .... So there is no problem with visibility ... Use bar charts instead of candles in you 6 point range chart ... The outcome is the same (!!!) and you will have much much much more visibility ....

Conclusion : USER - problem

swz168

Postby swz168 » 02 Jul 2013

Thanks for the great update.

I have a suggestion for the trading side bar:
tradingsidebar.png
(42.53 KiB) Downloaded 10558 times

seneca

Postby seneca » 02 Jul 2013

•Added a Jump tool that lets you jump to needed bars and dates without scrolling. More info here - https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1200 .

Is this already implemented? I couldn't find it yet...

evdl

Postby evdl » 02 Jul 2013

Seneca,

Select a chart. Then go to the top op the screen and select view (next to file). Then go to
"go to specified bar". Shortcut is ctrl+G.

And thank you to the MC team for 8.7 release. The opening of the workspaces is fast!

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 03 Jul 2013

•Added a Jump tool that lets you jump to needed bars and dates without scrolling. More info here - https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1200 .

Is this already implemented? I couldn't find it yet...
Hello seneca,

The feature is called Go To Specified Bar. Please see the description here: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... cified_Bar

swz168

Postby swz168 » 03 Jul 2013

For (semi) autotrading, it is quite annoying that auto trading is always switched of if

- input paramater change
- instrument setting changed
- indicators changed (added/deleted, parameters changed)
etc.

What I like to see is, before switching of auto trading, Multicharts should asked, wether autotrading
should be switched of. MC should also be able to remember what was chosen, so that if needed,
no confirmation will be asked.

Here is the PM: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1393

tcat

Postby tcat » 03 Jul 2013

Hi,

I just draw the "Fibonacci Retracement Price Lines", but there seems to be issues with those: You can't select them, you can't delete them, they don't appear in the drawings view, and the scale change when scrolling the graph.

Thierry

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 03 Jul 2013

Hi,

I just draw the "Fibonacci Retracement Price Lines", but there seems to be issues with those: You can't select them, you can't delete them, they don't appear in the drawings view, and the scale change when scrolling the graph.

Thierry
Hello Thierry,

We failed to reproduce the issue on our end. Please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 1 PM EST so we can help you: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

Laurentius

Postby Laurentius » 03 Jul 2013

tradingsidebar.png
Thanks for bringing it up Swz168. Kind of bothersome the way it is now.

Laurentius

Postby Laurentius » 04 Jul 2013

I definitly decide to revert to Multicharts 8.7 beta 2 which had normal and much more clear candle chart...
Hello,

The issue has already been fixed. The updated version will be available shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience.
First thank you for the new release and thank you for fixing the issue so soon. Looking forward to the download.

While we are at it regarding candle appearance it would also be nice if there would be a feature upgrade regarding the spacing in between thicker candles, as with for example "Bar Spacing" 8 and 12. The way it is now is a kind of "old fashioned". Meaning, starting with "Bar Spacing" 4 one have the option with the same bar thickness to have both 1, 2, 3 and 4 pixels between the candles, but when coming to the candle thickness appearing with "Bar Spacing" 8 one are forced to have no less than 3 pixels between the candles. This takes unnecessary space in the cart. Personally I would like to have 1 pixel in between all candle sizes since this gives me a better feel with the continuity of the candles for each swing in a market.

I have just posted a feature request with a picture which illustrates the difference between 1 and 3 pixels between the candles with size given in MultiCharts setting "Bar Spacing" to 8 here: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1394

Laurentius

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 04 Jul 2013

Hello,
You are very welcome Dave !!!
Very glad to ear that the issue will be fixed.
Multicharts is alway the best.

Regards

konstantin

Postby konstantin » 05 Jul 2013

Hello,

When will it be available?

JackR

Postby JackR » 05 Jul 2013

I plot the NYSE-TICK (USD Index from InteractiveBrokers). I use a simple 1 minute bar chart with a 1 period moving average. It worked fine in Beta 2 but does not plot in the Release. It loads but does not update. The data updates in the Status Line on the chart but the bars remain unchanged. I've reverted to Beta 2 and it works fine so it's not an IB change. Anyone see this or is it my setup?

tortoise

Postby tortoise » 05 Jul 2013

Something weird is up with MulltiCharts (mine, that is) since I installed the release version of 8.7

1) Using DTN/IQ I am unable to get TICK.Z and other such breadth symbols to plot since Wednesday, July 3, using "default" setting for exchange times. I am able to get them to plot using a custom setting that mimics NYSE, but they won't plot at all past 11:01 am NYC time.

2) Studies involving NYSE/NASDAQ issues on multiple-data charts (eg, plot ES as data1, while data2, data3, data4, etc., are hidden and used to compute values for indicator) do not plot at all after Wednesday, July 3.

Tearing my hair out here. Any suggestions? Thanks

tortoise

Postby tortoise » 05 Jul 2013

I think I've just discovered something. I have no problem plotting these symbols with minute data. But if I try to plot, say, a 30 second bar...no dice.

Bug? Or am I doing something stupid?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Jul 2013

Impressive list of new features. Well done. Of course I will first upgrade on my test PC before using it on my main one. Question: is it OK to upgrade from 8.0 straight to 8.7, or should I first upgrade to 8.5 then 8.7? My test PC is already running 8.7beta but my main one is still on 8.0.
That is ok to upgrade from MultiCharts 8.0 straight to MultiCharts 8.7

Henry MultiСharts

tradingsidebar.png
Thank you for your suggestion. It has been forwarded to our developers.

Henry MultiСharts

I just draw the "Fibonacci Retracement Price Lines", but there seems to be issues with those: You can't select them, you can't delete them, they don't appear in the drawings view, and the scale change when scrolling the graph.Thierry
This issue has been confirmed. It will be resolved in the next version of MultiCharts.

The problem is that the drawing is applied to an indicator, not to a dataseries. When you switch off the indicator the drawing remains on its place (though it should be hidden as well). In order to workaround the issue you need to right click on your chart->Visual order->select the data series->Send to back. After that is done-plot your drawing.

Henry MultiСharts

Something weird is up with MulltiCharts (mine, that is) since I installed the release version of 8.7

1) Using DTN/IQ I am unable to get TICK.Z and other such breadth symbols to plot since Wednesday, July 3, using "default" setting for exchange times. I am able to get them to plot using a custom setting that mimics NYSE, but they won't plot at all past 11:01 am NYC time.
We are analyzing this case.

Henry MultiСharts

I plot the NYSE-TICK (USD Index from InteractiveBrokers). I use a simple 1 minute bar chart with a 1 period moving average. It worked fine in Beta 2 but does not plot in the Release. It loads but does not update. The data updates in the Status Line on the chart but the bars remain unchanged. I've reverted to Beta 2 and it works fine so it's not an IB change. Anyone see this or is it my setup?
Hello JackR,

Is this the only chart with this behavior? Are other instruments updating fine in realtime?
What if you go to Format->Instrument->Settings tab->Sessions->Select 24/7 - does the chart start to update with realtime data?

JackR

Postby JackR » 05 Jul 2013

Hello JackR,

Is this the only chart with this behavior? Are other instruments updating fine in realtime?
What if you go to Format->Instrument->Settings tab->Sessions->Select 24/7 - does the chart start to update with realtime data?
The workspace has two charts, the YM and the NYSE-TICK. The YM plots, TICK does not. Both are 1 minute. I reverted to 8.7 Beta 2, so I'll have to reload the Release and check next week and advise.. The TICK is only available during regular NYSE hours but I'll try the 24/7 setting next week as well.

Henry MultiСharts

It should become available in the nearest couple of days.

JackR

Postby JackR » 08 Jul 2013

Hello JackR,
The workspace has two charts, the YM and the NYSE-TICK. The YM plots, TICK does not. Both are 1 minute. I reverted to 8.7 Beta 2, so I'll have to reload the Release and check next week and advise.. The TICK is only available during regular NYSE hours but I'll try the 24/7 setting next week as well.
Loaded "Release"(Ver 7409) The problem returned. It did not clear when the Session was set to 24/7. I also added the TRIN-NYSE as another chart and it exhibits the same problem. Status line numbers change - chart plot does not update. Normal instruments I watch (all futures from IB feed) work fine. So something you changed between the Beta 2 and the Release is the cause. I'm running TWS 936.6.
Last edited by JackR on 08 Jul 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 08 Jul 2013

Using DTNIQ symbols from NYSE and NASDAQ don't plot, back fill works and status line updates with each tick but the charts don't update. Futures plot fine.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 08 Jul 2013

Using DTNIQ symbols from NYSE and NASDAQ don't plot, back fill works and status line updates with each tick but the charts don't update. Futures plot fine.

I just noticed the same thing- AAPL chart attached,you can see no chart update but status line is OK.. ( I usually track futures only)..
Attachments
AApl-no update.png
(22.51 KiB) Downloaded 10285 times
Last edited by sptrader on 08 Jul 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 08 Jul 2013

I just noticed the same thing- AAPL chart attached,you can see no updates buy status line is OK.. ( I usually track futures only)..
I restarted MC and it is working now, but there is something seriously wrong to make it do that.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Jul 2013

Hi, good work for all the improvments even if I like very much more the old resolution of bar spacing in the chart.Multicharts 8.5 was much more clear then Multichart 8.7
I see what you mean. The new chart looks terrible. No thanks I won't be upgrading until it's fixed.
First thank you for the new release and thank you for fixing the issue so soon. Looking forward to the download.
The new build with the candlestick fix has been uploaded. Please update.
MultiCharts download page

Henry MultiСharts

Loaded "Release"(Ver 7409) The problem returned. It did not clear when the Session was set to 24/7. I also added the TRIN-NYSE as another chart and it exhibits the same problem. Status line numbers change - chart plot does not update. Normal instruments I watch (all futures from IB feed) work fine. So something you changed between the Beta 2 and the Release is the cause. I'm running TWS 936.6.
We are analyzing this case.

Henry MultiСharts

I just noticed the same thing- AAPL chart attached,you can see no chart update but status line is OK.. ( I usually track futures only)..
The status line time and current time difference is 15 minutes. That means your account is 15 minutes delayed. You will see realtime chart updates only in 15 minutes after opening a chart.
If you need a non-delayed realtime data account-please contact your data provider directly.

ABC

Postby ABC » 09 Jul 2013

At least one third party add-on uses common open source functions and they overwrite existing Global Variable functions. This becomes a problem for MC users, when they want to export studies using these functions in an open format and not as SEF.
A developer shouldn't use standard functions without at least renaming them, if he wants to protect them as SEF. Please make them aware of it and change it, for the benefit of all other MC users.

This problem exists for some time already and with every update you have to delete them, re-import the original functions and recompile every study using these functions.

Thank you,
ABC
Attachments
GVfunctions.PNG
(4.5 KiB) Downloaded 11959 times

TJ

Postby TJ » 09 Jul 2013

At least one third party add-on uses common open source functions and they overwrite existing Global Variable functions. This becomes a problem for MC users, when they want to export studies using these functions in an open format and not as SEF.
A developer shouldn't use standard functions without at least renaming them, if he wants to protect them as SEF. Please make them aware of it and change it, for the benefit of all other MC users.

This problem exists for some time already and with every update you have to delete them, re-import the original functions and recompile every study using these functions.

Thank you,
ABC
I think there should be an option for the 3rd party add-on.
They should to be added ONLY if the users need them.

ABC

Postby ABC » 09 Jul 2013

That would be great, too.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 09 Jul 2013

** I agree, I made the suggestion of an "Optional" third party software install, a couple of years ago, they are a nuisance to remove, which I do after every update installation....
MC may get a "kick back" from third party developers for auto installing it, but there should be an easy way for users to remove it afterwards, if desired...

TJ

Postby TJ » 09 Jul 2013

** I agree, I made the suggestion of an "Optional" third party software install, a couple of years ago, they are a nuisance to remove, which I do after every update installation....
MC may get a "kick back" from third party developers for auto installing it, but there should be an easy way for users to remove it afterwards, if desired...
Removing the indicators is easy, the problem is in the open source functions that they locked up.

tcat

Postby tcat » 10 Jul 2013

Hi,

With the latest build (7432), I noticed 2 small issues (which may or not be specific to this build).

1) Upon installation, not all indicators get compiled. Once the installation is done with all check box enabled, you can still go to the editor and compile "all uncompiled" to have the left over successfully compiled.

2) Sometimes, when the editor is called from the indicator in MC, there seems to be an issue with the gutter. It appears on top of the text and does not give the ability to scroll the text back to its original position. The issue can be solved by de-activating and re-enabling the gutter, which then positions the text correctly.

Thierry

arnie

Postby arnie » 10 Jul 2013

1) Upon installation, not all indicators get compiled. Once the installation is done with all check box enabled, you can still go to the editor and compile "all uncompiled" to have the left over successfully compiled.

Actually this is something that has been happening since the first 8.5 version if I'm not mistaken.

tcat

Postby tcat » 10 Jul 2013

Here is another calculation/scaling issue which I don't quite understand.

- Data1 is USDCHF 240 and data2 is USDCHF 1440.
- I am applying the "bollinger bands" indicator with the "bollinger price" set to "c data2".
- In "format study", the study is based on Data1 and the "scaling range" is set to "same as instrument".

The value for the Bollinger bands does not match (refering to the averageFC, not the standard dev).
It seems the scaling issue results from the calculation, as the data indicated in the data window for the mid line value (which is an AverageFC of the price over the last 5 bars) should not be in the 0.7 value area (for neither data1 or data2).
Thierry
Attachments
MC8.7b7432_glitch.png
Screen capture with data window value
(65.62 KiB) Downloaded 10318 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Jul 2013

JackR, tortoise, what exchange is specified for TICK instrument?
Please change the exchange to UNDEF. Go to File->New->QuoteManager window->right click on TICK symbol->Edit symbol->Settings->select UNDEF exchange. After that is done - plot a new chart for TICK symbol. Are you able to get realtime data now?

Henry MultiСharts

- I am applying the "bollinger bands" indicator with the "bollinger price" set to "c data2".
- In "format study", the study is based on Data1 and the "scaling range" is set to "same as instrument".

The value for the Bollinger bands does not match (refering to the averageFC, not the standard dev).
It seems the scaling issue results from the calculation, as the data indicated in the data window for the mid line value (which is an AverageFC of the price over the last 5 bars) should not be in the 0.7 value area (for neither data1 or data2).
Thierry
In case you need the study to be calculated on data2-you need to set the "Base study on" option to Data2.

Henry MultiСharts

Actually this is something that has been happening since the first 8.5 version if I'm not mistaken.
Are all of the studies compiled after going to the editor and compiling "all uncompiled" or there are still some studies that cannot be compiled?
2) Sometimes, when the editor is called from the indicator in MC, there seems to be an issue with the gutter. It appears on top of the text and does not give the ability to scroll the text back to its original position. The issue can be solved by de-activating and re-enabling the gutter, which then positions the text correctly.
Are you able to replciate this behavior on a constant basis? What are the exact steps to replciate that? Please attach screenshots demonstrating it.

arnie

Postby arnie » 11 Jul 2013

Are all of the studies compiled after going to the editor and compiling "all uncompiled" or there are still some studies that cannot be compiled?
What I've been seen is while installing MC and checking it to compile the studies, after installation, if I go to the PLE, select Compile All Uncompiled, there will be always a coupled of ones not compiled.
I always found this strange since they should all compile while installing MC but since sometimes I do the installation without compiling the studies so it runs a bit faster, it has not been a real issue.

arnie

Postby arnie » 11 Jul 2013

Is it me or something's wrong with cumulative delta?

up/down ticks is identical to ask/bid

Attachments
CD.png
(45.89 KiB) Downloaded 12133 times

tcat

Postby tcat » 12 Jul 2013

It seems that only some studies are left uncompiled during installation. They compiled fine from the language editor though.
Are you able to replciate this behavior on a constant basis? What are the exact steps to replciate that? Please attach screenshots demonstrating it.
The context is as follow:
- PowerLanguage Editor is already opened with several studies
- From MC, I select an indicator and click on "Open xxx Script".
I had the issue occuring several times but not systematically and I can't manage to reproduce it right now. I'll post a screen shot next time I encounter this behaviour.
Thierry

tcat

Postby tcat » 12 Jul 2013

Thierry
In case you need the study to be calculated on data2-you need to set the "Base study on" option to Data2.
Hello Henry,

I disagree with your statement.

When dealing with multi timeframes indicators, it is useful to have the result plot on screen. I have several indicators whose values are based on dataX calculations and intrabarpersist of data1.

If you set "base study on Data2", you can't benefit from intrabarpersist of data1 and the resulting display will be different and will not match the scale of data1.

As for now, I'll take into account that there are limitations with some indicators. For your info, the following code displays correctly on data1, although it's uses data2 calculations.

input: data_number(2), TimeLength(2),
Displace(0),
upColour(cyan),
downColour(darkRed);

vars: intrabarpersist Hprice(0),
intrabarpersist LPrice(0),
intrabarpersist MPrice(0),
color.value(yellow),colourDeltaBar(1);

color.value = yellow;

//Range Calculations
HPrice = Highest(H, TimeLength)of data(data_number);
LPrice = Lowest(L, TimeLength)of data(data_number);
MPrice = (HPrice + LPrice)/2 of data(data_number);

//Plot
plot11[Displace](HPrice,"HighPrice");
plot12[Displace](LPrice,"LowPrice");
plot13[Displace](MPrice,"MidRangePrice");
{ Color criterions }
if (MPrice > MPrice[1]) then color.value = upColour
else if (MPrice < MPrice [1]) then color.value = downColour
else if (MPrice = MPrice [1]) then color.value = color.value[1];
SetPlotColor[colourDeltaBar](11,color.value);
SetPlotColor[colourDeltaBar](12,color.value);
SetPlotColor[colourDeltaBar](13,color.value);

jl12

Postby jl12 » 12 Jul 2013

There are large differences in the Volume profile ladder delta between MC and other platforms.

Taking The Bund as an example today 12 June at the high formed around 7:37 at 143.29
budbidvol.png
(53.11 KiB) Downloaded 10313 times
The discrepancies are particularly large at 143.28

MC shows

1500 traded on the ask at 143.29 0 on the bid
1270 traded on the ask at 143.28 2720 on the bid

NT with GomVolumeladder

1421 traded on the ask at 143.29 76 on the bid
2101 traded on the ask at 143.28 1882 on the bid

Jigsaw Trading

1955 traded on the ask at 143.28 1874 on the bid
Last edited by jl12 on 12 Jul 2013, edited 1 time in total.

arnie

Postby arnie » 12 Jul 2013

Hey guys, what quotes are those seen on the naked VA and POC?

126 30/64?
126.54/64?

Should they be 126 15/32 and 126 27/32?

Attachments
bonds_quotes.png
(43.56 KiB) Downloaded 11880 times

SP

Postby SP » 12 Jul 2013

Same here, we had that problem earlier on 8.5 beta 2, sometimes a reload helped.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11659&p=57380&hilit ... ick#p57380

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Jul 2013

Please send me the following information for further investigation:
- workspace you are using;
- in QuoteManager select the symbol you are using, make a right click on it->Export data->Export instrument (with data). Send me the Qmd export file for analysis.

Does it help if you reload the chart?

Henry MultiСharts

126 30/64?
126.54/64?
Please send me the following information for further investigation:
- workspace you are using;
- in QuoteManager select the symbol you are using, make a right click on it->Export data->Export instrument (without data). Send me the Qmd export file for analysis.

What is the exact build of MC 8.7 you are currently running?

Henry MultiСharts

There are large differences in the Volume profile ladder delta between MC and other platforms.

Taking The Bund as an example today 12 June at the high formed around 7:37 at 143.29
budbidvol.png

MC shows

NT with GomVolumeladder

Jigsaw Trading

Are these trading platforms using the same data provider and are getting exactly the same quotes as your MultiCharts? What is your chart resolution?

JackR

Postby JackR » 13 Jul 2013

It looks like this has been corrected in Release version 7432. NYSE-TICK now plots.

jl12

Postby jl12 » 14 Jul 2013

The data feed is the same IQ.
The resoution is set 6 points. The issue remains on other resolutions.

budbidvol.png

MC shows

NT with GomVolumeladder

Jigsaw Trading

Are these trading platforms using the same data provider and are getting exactly the same quotes as your MultiCharts? What is your chart resolution?

dgss

Postby dgss » 15 Jul 2013

Upgraded from 8.5 to 8.7.7408 yesterday
eSignal - all charts plot
IB - none plot

Upgraded to 8.7.7431 today
eSignal - only some charts plot
IB - only some plot

Could you give me the download link of 8.5? Thanks.

arnie

Postby arnie » 16 Jul 2013

IB - none plot

IB - only some plot

Could you give me the download link of 8.5? Thanks.
That's strange.
Have you gone to live chat so support can look at it?

Is this happening on your usual workspace or with fresh new charts on a new workspace? Sometimes workspaces from previous versions get corrupted.

JackR

Postby JackR » 16 Jul 2013

It looks like this has been corrected in Release version 7432. NYSE-TICK now plots.
Whoops. Looks like that was a fluke. Bug back again. Will start working with Support again.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 16 Jul 2013

I use IQfeed and the SAME thing happened to me yesterday when I tried to use 7432.. No indices would plot (IINA.Z, IIND.Z, IINU.Z etc)
I had to go back to the previous MC 8.7 release to make it work with Iqfeed indices...
Definitely seems to be a BUG..

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 Jul 2013

IB - none plot

IB - only some plot
Please update to the latest build of MultiCharts 8.7 Release (7471/7472) and come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST if this solution didn't help and you still have the issue. We will be able to connect to your PC remotely and collect all of the required for analysis information.

SP

Postby SP » 16 Jul 2013

Hi Henry,
seems that the download link leads to a 64-bit release 8.7.7471.400 with 97,6 MB instead of 8.7.7472 with 102,3 MB .
Attachments
DL Link.jpg
(31.55 KiB) Downloaded 10285 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 Jul 2013

Hi Henry,
seems that the download link leads to a 64-bit release 8.7.7471.400 with 97,6 MB instead of 8.7.7472 with 102,3 MB .
Download links are correct.
32 bit 8.7.7471 is 72 mb
64 bit 8.7.7472 is 97.6 mb

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 16 Jul 2013

I use IQfeed and the SAME thing happened to me yesterday when I tried to use 7432.. No indices would plot (IINA.Z, IIND.Z, IINU.Z etc)
I had to go back to the previous MC 8.7 release to make it work with Iqfeed indices...
Definitely seems to be a BUG..
* IQ feed indices ARE working with the new build 7472.400 -- Thanks !!!

dgss

Postby dgss » 17 Jul 2013

Thanks all, the problem solved in build 7471.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Jul 2013

Whoops. Looks like that was a fluke. Bug back again. Will start working with Support again.
JackR, please update to the latest build of MultiCharts 8.7 Release (7471/7472) and follow the instructions from my email to provide the details we need for analysis.

Henry MultiСharts

The data feed is the same IQ.
The resoution is set 6 points. The issue remains on other resolutions.

Is the difference corrected if you reload the chart in MultiCharts?

Henry MultiСharts

126 30/64?
126.54/64?
Yes, they should be 126 15/32 and 126 27/32. This issue has been confirmed. It will be fixed in one of the future versions.

Henry MultiСharts

This issue has been confirmed. It will be fixed in one of the future versions.

arnie

Postby arnie » 17 Jul 2013

This issue has been confirmed. It will be fixed in one of the future versions.
Do you have a time table for it?

Henry MultiСharts

What I've been seen is while installing MC and checking it to compile the studies, after installation, if I go to the PLE, select Compile All Uncompiled, there will be always a coupled of ones not compiled.
I always found this strange since they should all compile while installing MC but since sometimes I do the installation without compiling the studies so it runs a bit faster, it has not been a real issue.
Please save MultiCharts logs right after the installation is finished (without starting MultiCharts go to Windows Start menu->Programs / All Programs->MultiCharts (folder)->Logs (right-click)->Properties->Open file location->Select all folders and files (except Cache folder) ->right-click on any of them ->Send to ->Compressed zip folder).
Start PowerLanguage Editor and compile all uncompiled studies. In the Build tab highlight all text and save it into a text file. Send me (support@multicharts.com) the logs and the text file for analysis.

jl12

Postby jl12 » 17 Jul 2013

No reloading makes no difference.

Unfortunately I have not found a way to view the trade price, bid and offer on the raw IQ data to check which application is correct.

I have attached an example from today
Attachments
mc_gomninja.png
(63.6 KiB) Downloaded 10274 times

arnie

Postby arnie » 18 Jul 2013

Is it me or this last build is way faster closing than the previous ones?

swz168

Postby swz168 » 24 Jul 2013

Very annoying scrollbar behavior in Order and Position Tracker:
OrderPostistionTracker.png
(32.54 KiB) Downloaded 10237 times
Please change it.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Jul 2013

Unfortunately I have not found a way to view the trade price, bid and offer on the raw IQ data to check which application is correct.

Did you reload Volume profile chart or just a regular chart for this instrument?

Henry MultiСharts

Very annoying scrollbar behavior in Order and Position Tracker:
OrderPostistionTracker.png
Please change it.
Please submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

swz168

Postby swz168 » 25 Jul 2013

Please submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/
Seems there is something wrong with PM. Steps 1 and 2 done, but "STEP 3 - describe the issue you are reporting" does not appear.

Henry MultiСharts

Seems there is something wrong with PM. Steps 1 and 2 done, but "STEP 3 - describe the issue you are reporting" does not appear.
We apologize for this inconvenience. We are doing our best to restore PM system as soon as possible.

jl12

Postby jl12 » 26 Jul 2013

I have found that if the data is reloaded the Delta/Bid/Ask values are corrected and move into line with other applications

As it stands the errors on the delta in real-time make this a significant issue for trading if using volume profile .

The problem seems to be most in evidence on Eurex and Liffe, the Bund, BTP and the Gilt in particular.

US markets and Ice seem much closer after reloading data.

I have attached an example for the Bund before and after data reload.
deltaerrorb.png
(21.03 KiB) Downloaded 10294 times

Attachments
deltaerror.png
(21.05 KiB) Downloaded 10212 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Jul 2013

I have found that if the data is reloaded the Delta/Bid/Ask values are corrected and move into line with other applications
This is the same issue as Arnie reported before:
The fix will be implemented in the next version or build of MultiCharts.
After the version with the fix is installed - a reload of incorrect data will be required.

arnie

Postby arnie » 29 Jul 2013

I'm trying to export all my symbols and data so I can import them into another computer but I'm having this error over and over again.

What's the problem?

Attachments
export_data.png
(14.12 KiB) Downloaded 11232 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Jul 2013

I'm trying to export all my symbols and data so I can import them into another computer but I'm having this error over and over again.

What's the problem?

Make sure you have enough free space on the local drive where the Temp folder is located.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Jul 2013

MultiCharts 8.7 Release New Builds 7570/7569

MultiCharts 8.7 Release builds 7570/7569 is a minor upgrade that includes the hot fixes for issues in MultiCharts 8.7 Release reported by our customers.

BUGS FIXED:
• There was an issue with LMAX broker profile when several profiles were connected simultaneously.
• PowerLanguage: When the name of an input was changed in a signal applied on a chart and then recompiled, the new name would not be showed up on the chart.
• Exception came up when trying to re-create a chart with MetaStock minute data.
• Volume Delta issue: the status provided by a data feed was thrown off in real time. More info here - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28567#p83842
• PowerLanguage: The file that had been created by PRINT was blocked even if a study had a status OFF.
• DOM data was not shown for Korean futures KSU3 (root K200, exch KSE).
• There were no real-time updates on a chart (mostly related to InteractiveBrokers feed).
• No data on a chart with an expired future symbol using From_ To_ <today> data range.Cumulative Delta: the values were different when you copied and pasted a chart with OpenECry data.
• If OpenECry broker profile was connected Manage Broker Profile dialog became locked when one tries to open it.
• Incorrect Ask /Bid history volume on future symbols from InteractiveBrokers data feed.
• Fixed issues on manual trading with LMAX broker.
• Updated the calling of CreateFixOrder and ChangeOrderRate methods in FXCM plugin.
• CFD symbols from InteractiveBrokers were not ticking on a minute chart if it had been created before trading session hours.

arnie

Postby arnie » 29 Jul 2013

Make sure you have enough free space on the local drive where the Temp folder is located.
Well, I have 22 GB of free disk space, I'm pretty sure this is more than enough since my database has only 2.2 GB of size.

I need to export the data (from my 64bit MC version) since it's to be imported into a 32bit MC version.

If I choose to only export the symbols all goes well. The problem is only when I choose to export the data.

ABC

Postby ABC » 30 Jul 2013

arnie,
I recall running into a similar problem about the time MC 64-bit was introduced. It was not connected to the harddisk in my case, but to an error in one symbol within the database.
Try to export the symbols in chunks and not all at once, this will show where it fails. I don't mean export one by one, but start with half of the database for example.
This would also overcome harddisk space issues, in case these would apply (the data is highly compressed within the database and will probably be decompressed during the export and then compressed again; so it might need a lot more than the 2.2 GB actual database size during the process).

Regards,
ABC
Well, I have 22 GB of free disk space, I'm pretty sure this is more than enough since my database has only 2.2 GB of size.

I need to export the data (from my 64bit MC version) since it's to be imported into a 32bit MC version.

If I choose to only export the symbols all goes well. The problem is only when I choose to export the data.

arnie

Postby arnie » 30 Jul 2013

arnie,
I recall running into a similar problem about the time MC 64-bit was introduced. It was not connected to the harddisk in my case, but to an error in one symbol within the database.
Try to export the symbols in chunks and not all at once, this will show where it fails. I don't mean export one by one, but start with half of the database for example.
This would also overcome harddisk space issues, in case these would apply (the data is highly compressed within the database and will probably be decompressed during the export and then compressed again; so it might need a lot more than the 2.2 GB actual database size during the process).

Regards,
ABC
That was it.
Export the symbols by chunks in fact did solve the issue.
All symbols now exported, no error was reported, so no symbol issue there.

Thanks ABC.

Stormy

Postby Stormy » 31 Jul 2013

Any changes needed to the CQG api for this release?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Aug 2013

Any changes needed to the CQG api for this release?
This release supports CQG API 4.05 and 5.00.104

arnie

Postby arnie » 01 Aug 2013

Now when I close MC, if IB's TWS is already closed, the connection window pops up. It seems when MC is closing its processes call the IB connection.

Is this happening to you guys also?

swz168

Postby swz168 » 01 Aug 2013

Currently, the performance reports are strictly separated (Strategy Performance Report and Trading Performance Report).

Besides 100% automatic trading, I'm also semi automatic trading. So autotrading and manuel trading is interfering each other depending on market situations.

In semi autotrading, the reports are useless, due to the fact above. The reports are totally messed up. Please implement a performance report for semi autotrading.

Even if you are not semi autotrading, there are situations when you have to interfere (Closing positions). Then the report is getting useless.

I will add a PM entry as soon the site works again.

Out of curiosity, anyone semi autotrading here?

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 07 Aug 2013

Ever since I upgraded to build 7569 I have noticed daily charts take forever to load. I'm using IQfeed. I have now worked out that it is using tick data to build the daily bars as a bad tick is showing up which is only in the tick data not the daily data. "Build minute and daily bars based on tick data" is still unchecked.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Aug 2013

Ever since I upgraded to build 7569 I have noticed daily charts take forever to load. I'm using IQfeed. I have now worked out that it is using tick data to build the daily bars as a bad tick is showing up which is only in the tick data not the daily data. "Build minute and daily bars based on tick data" is still unchecked.
This issue has been resolved in MultiCharts 8.7 Release New Builds 7633/7634

Return to “MultiCharts”