HELP:Beta Install does not complete:"Could not open key

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
denizen2

HELP:Beta Install does not complete:"Could not open key

Postby denizen2 » 21 Oct 2006

:( Can't complete install of Oct beta. Get error message: "Could not open key UNKNOWN/CONTINUUMX.TRecordSetCtrl.1", "verify ...access to key'', "contact technical service". :? So any clue? I previously un-installed the non-beta version 1.90.428.735, so I thought there should be no hiccups when installing this beta :wink: .

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 23 Oct 2006

This looks related to the Quote.com data source; if you have it installed, please try uninstalling it as well - if not, please send us more detailed information.

denizen2

Postby denizen2 » 23 Oct 2006

:D Thanks Alex.... Your 'tip' about the ActiveX being related to Quote.com was puzzling because I do not use Quote.com data, but I discovered that there was an ActiveX with name of 'CONTINUUM' that was 'registered', so I unregistered it. That solved the MC install hangup problem, and now I am running the new MC beta.

Maybe there is a more 'gracefull' way for the install to check on which ActiveXs related to installed data feeds are actually valid, and then ignore any that are not fully installed and useable? :?: That's probably already on the long list of things to do later :P .

BTW, I just closed all of my TS Securities accounts, and now I am counting on MC to come through with a stable version for me to rely on for the weeks and months ahead :) . Thanks again, and keep up the good work!
Any guesses when you might be ready to convert this beta to the production version?

Return to “MultiCharts”