Apply indicators to the data stream

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bernard

Apply indicators to the data stream

Postby bernard » 24 Oct 2006

How do I plot something like MSFT/2+INTC*3 as a third data stream, and apply indicators on this third data stream in realtime with TWS?

In multiple timeframe chart, assume I plot a 15 min chart with Parabolic SAR, and add the 60 min data stream to the 15 min chart. How do I display Parabolic SAR on the 60min data within the 15 min chart. Can this be done? Or I would have to use two charts.

Thanks!

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 25 Oct 2006

How do I plot something like MSFT/2+INTC*3 as a third data stream, and apply indicators on this third data stream in realtime with TWS?
Basically, you create an indicator that takes the input value and chart it; then you apply another indicator to this "synthetic symbol" - or would you like detailed instructions with code?
In multiple timeframe chart, assume I plot a 15 min chart with Parabolic SAR, and add the 60 min data stream to the 15 min chart. How do I display Parabolic SAR on the 60min data within the 15 min chart. Can this be done? Or I would have to use two charts.
This can be done using settings, you add the two symbols to a chart and then add the indicator twice. In the Format Study menu, Properties tab you select the Base Study on parameter for the two studies as required.

bernard

Postby bernard » 25 Oct 2006

would you like detailed instructions with code?
Yes, please. Could you give me an example like (MSFT/ATR of MSFT) - (INTC/ATR of INTC), then apply an indicator like CCI on the newly generated symbol? I don't understand how would you generate such a symbol with Quote Manager.

I can't find a way to import studies from the Multicharts, and the import function of the Power Language editior is not taking the ELS code from the CD that comes with New Trading Systems and Methods, Fourth Edition. Any idea?

Thanks!

Alex Kramer

You can try looking up synthetic indicator codes for TS, those should work fine; what exactly is the problem with importing the ELS form CD, please detail or send us that file so we could try it here.

bernard

Postby bernard » 25 Oct 2006

You can try looking up synthetic indicator codes for TS, those should work fine; what exactly is the problem with importing the ELS form CD, please detail or send us that file so we could try it here.
I go to PLEditor, click File, Import, select the ELS file, then I get the error message, "The parameter is incorrect". I click ok, the a window called "Import studies" popped up. No matter what I click, Function, Indicator, Colored Bar, Signal, Select All, Clear All, the Ok will stay in blank.

Alex Kramer

Please contact us on LiveSupport chat; we'll establish a HelpDesk remote connection (you can find a link at the same site), as I'd like to see this import problem firsthand.

Return to “MultiCharts”