Documentation for software upgrade  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Documentation for software upgrade

Postby Guest » 20 Nov 2006

Hi

Where can i find information on how to upgrade MC to the new beta ?
Is it a simple as clicking the installer ?

If i would like to backup files first.... what do i backup ?
Again is there a place where i can find documentation on this ?

After upgrading, i would need to recompile my studies right ?
Does ADE still work ? Or do i have to reinstall ?

thank you

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 20 Nov 2006

To replace your existing version with the latest beta, you need to run the beta's installer, select the "Remove" option to uninstall the existing version and then run the installer again to set up the new beta.

All studies included in MultiCharts by default are supplied with the beta and will work right from the start.

See details on backing up below:

Here's a list of items that you will need to copy when backing up or migrating MultiCharts to a different computer. Those files are not deleted by default when uninstalling/reinstalling, but prudence never hurts.

Databases:
The databases including QuoteManager settings are stored in

\Program Files\Common Files\TS Support\Databases\
There are 3 files in .GDB format

Workspaces:
The workspaces are kept wherever you've saved the .wsp, i.e. in My Documents or the program folder etc.

Studies:
If you have custom or your own studies that you'd hate to lose, use PLEditor to export all the relevant studies to a .xml file and then reimport it.

Templates:
To find where exactly the templates are, in the Windows Start menu select Run and type in:

%userprofile%

Click Ok - you'll be taken to the folder that stores the data of the current system user.
Look in the in the Application Data folder for subfolders \TS Support\MultiCharts
Template files are in .tml format

Postby Guest » 20 Nov 2006

To replace your existing version with the latest beta, you need to run the beta's installer, select the "Remove" option to uninstall the existing version and then run the installer again to set up the new beta.

All studies included in MultiCharts by default are supplied with the beta and will work right from the start.

See details on backing up below:

Here's a list of items that you will need to copy when backing up or migrating MultiCharts to a different computer. Those files are not deleted by default when uninstalling/reinstalling, but prudence never hurts.

Databases:
The databases including QuoteManager settings are stored in

\Program Files\Common Files\TS Support\Databases\
There are 3 files in .GDB format

Workspaces:
The workspaces are kept wherever you've saved the .wsp, i.e. in My Documents or the program folder etc.

Studies:
If you have custom or your own studies that you'd hate to lose, use PLEditor to export all the relevant studies to a .xml file and then reimport it.

Templates:
To find where exactly the templates are, in the Windows Start menu select Run and type in:

%userprofile%

Click Ok - you'll be taken to the folder that stores the data of the current system user.
Look in the in the Application Data folder for subfolders \TS Support\MultiCharts
Template files are in .tml format
I tried to run the beta's installer to uninstall.
But an error message occurs , it says
"Installer has detected an existing version of MultiCharts 1.90.5438 in your system.
Please uninstall it before proceeding with this installation."

Then another dialog box pops up and says
"MultiCharts Setup Wizard ended prematurely."

I was never given a chance by the beta's installer to uninstall.

How do i uninstall ?
Do i go through windows control panel ? Will doing this screw things up ?

thanks

Alex Kramer

[SOLVED]

Postby Alex Kramer » 20 Nov 2006

Use the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove program to uninstall it then, this should work fine.

Return to “MultiCharts”