MC-PLEditor Downloads Without the Proprietary 3rd party?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
denizen2

MC-PLEditor Downloads Without the Proprietary 3rd party?

Postby denizen2 » 19 Nov 2006

It is nice to know that there are add-in modules available for MC, but I prefer if they were not automatically downloaded. If a user just wants to compile the 'standard' studies and his own code, the 'extra' functions and indicators are loaded and compiled too. This makes my 'list' of 'available' studies much longer than necessary, and increases the compile time significantly.

Please separate the 3rd-party add-in studies from the MC standard or beta downloads. Is that possible? :)

As a matter of reference, I would like to know if any of the 'locked' studies are actually not in the category of 3rd-party studies, but are instead essential parts of the MC distribution?

Can I delete all 'locked' studies from the PLEditor, AND still have everything that is needed for all of the standard studies to compile?

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 20 Nov 2006

The add-ons are located on a separate tab to keep the list of indicators compact for ease of use.
You can delete them if you wish in the PLEditor, I've just tried deleting all add-ons (all locked indicators) and recompiling the rest - this worked OK.

denizen2

Postby denizen2 » 20 Nov 2006

The add-ons are located on a separate tab to keep the list of indicators compact for ease of use.
Maybe my version (1.90.644.1126) does not have that feature? I do not see any separation of add-ons, and there is no 'tabs' in the PLEditor window when I click on "Open...". Am I missing something? Or is this 'feature' only in a newer version?

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 20 Nov 2006

The add-ons are in a separate tab in the Insert Study dialog, the list of PLEditor contains all studies together.

denizen2

Postby denizen2 » 20 Nov 2006

The add-ons are in a separate tab in the Insert Study dialog, the list of PLEditor contains all studies together.
Ok, I see now :) . Perhaps the PLEditor list of studies could also be 'segregated'? Just add another check-box to the existing ones where we can choose to list for the categories of Indicators, Functions, Signal, ColoredBar (greyed out, now). Just make one more, say, "Add-on Studies"? :idea:

Return to “MultiCharts”