Automated Signal trading

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
widgetman

Automated Signal trading

Postby widgetman » 24 Nov 2006

I was wondering if any progress had been made or attempted to allow trade automation off signals within Multicharts. please let me know if there is a way to fire orders off signals within the script language.
-Thanks

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 27 Nov 2006

The automated trading is currently under development, it is undergoing internal testing and will be included in public releases in the next year.

widgetman

Postby widgetman » 27 Nov 2006

Hi Alex,
Thanks for the update and let me know if you need a beta tester. I am currently developing a custom system using MC interfaced to NT. The interface works but there are issues that are not acceptable. I also have been noticing that with the latest TWS release of 864 data coming in from IB is slow to be kind. Any ideas why there would be slow data issues ? Using NT I can suck in a chart with 5 days of tick data in 30 seconds.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 28 Nov 2006

Thanks for the information, a couple questions:

-What version of Multicharts are you using?
-How long does it take to download the same amount of data from IB?

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 28 Nov 2006

Hi Alex,
I am currently developing a custom system using MC interfaced to NT. The interface works but there are issues that are not acceptable.
Could you please let us know what exactly are you speaking about? Doesn't NT work with MultiCharts properly?

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 28 Nov 2006

Dear Widgetman -

Could you please contact us on Live Chat? We would like to take a look at this in HelpDesk if possible.

widgetman

Postby widgetman » 28 Nov 2006

Hi Alex,
I am not where I can do that during the day right now. I will try to arrange it next week for you to demonstrate how fast NT loads a chart from IB vs MC. There is a noticable difference which I think would inprove MC if you could figure out why. As far as NT working with MC yes it does link in a DLL and work thru the power language interface, but it seems to be slow in returning some variables from NT. This is a issue I am working on now to determine why. I will let you know what I find. The ideal situation for me would be to get rid of NT when MC integrates the automated trading stuff. This eliminates another program having to run.

Return to “MultiCharts”