Alert Levels

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
traderwep

Alert Levels

Postby traderwep » 11 Dec 2006

Is it possible to set price alerts in multicharts. for example i am using the esignal symbol $EPREM and wjould like an audio alert when it reaches a certain level up and a certain level down. the levels so not change once set in the morning.

another way would be to be able to have an audio alert on a horizontal line. i use a one minute chart and put in horizontal lines at the correct level so if an audio alert were connected to that it would also work.

thanks

wayne

Kate

Postby Kate » 11 Dec 2006

Wayne,
So far it is impossible to set up alerts on the drawing tools, horizontal lines in your case. This feature will be implemented in future.
So I recommend you to write a simple code using price values as Inputs and enable the necessary alerts.

traderwep

hi thanks for the info. i have used multicharts for quite a while and TS before that but i have no clue whatsoever how to write a simple code using price and setting alerts.

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 11 Dec 2006

It will be something like this:

Code: Select all

inputs: AlertLevel(0);

if (close crosses above AlertLevel) or (close crosses below AlertLevel) then
alert("alert");

traderwep

thank you. i know it is simple but i needed a place to start. i changed close to last and separated the over and under into two separate indicators. they did compile so i am hoping it will work as i want. thanks again.

traderwep

hi

this is the code i am using

inputs: AlertLevel(0);

if (last crosses above AlertLevel) then
alert("Program Trading Sell Sell");

it compiles without error. it doesnt seem to work though. i watched as price crossed realtime over the price i had input and there was no alert given. is there a problem with this code.

wayne

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 11 Dec 2006

Please go to the Format Study window Alerts tab and make sure that the alerts are activated.

Chris

Postby Chris » 11 Dec 2006

Using "Close" instead of "Last" should do the job.

Btw, if you can set an alert to a price value, you should be able to set it to a Trendline using TL_GetValue, but this trendline has to be drawn from the study.

traderwep

ok, i thought close meant close of a price bar? i dont want the close of the price bar but the actual price as it is moving around. the latest realtime price. i will try it with close, however, and see what happens.

wayne

Chris

Postby Chris » 11 Dec 2006

Yes, "Close" is the close of the price bar, but as the bar progresses in realtime, "Close" will always have the value of the last tick in the current bar.

And as Stanley mentioned, you should check if the Alerts are enabled for your indicator.

traderwep

Hi thanks it does seem to be working realtime now with sound and visual alert. just what i needed :-)

wayne

Return to “MultiCharts”