TPO aka Market Profile

Studies that have been contributed to the community by other users. If you’ve got something useful to share, that’s great!
Robin Hood

TPO aka Market Profile

Postby Robin Hood » 07 Dec 2006

Original Market Profile for MultiCharts and MCFX. It transforms a regular Intraday or Historical chart into a TPO.
Attachments
tpo.gif
(71.2 KiB) Downloaded 7536 times
TPO.xml
(35.6 KiB) Downloaded 2090 times

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 07 Dec 2006

Could you please describe the meaning of the inputs?

kayak

Postby kayak » 09 Dec 2006

THIS IS THE BEST MP CODE FOR MCH I HAVE SEEN
THANKS A LOT ROBIN HOOD

kayak

MP profile colors

Postby kayak » 12 Dec 2006

hello
Stanley could you please modify this code. so we could see each letter in different color as a option in inputs
thanks Kayak
Attachments
TPO31.png
(88.17 KiB) Downloaded 6828 times

fs

Postby fs » 19 Dec 2006

Was anyone able to get this to work? When I add this to a chart I receive an error message saying:

Array bounds: Wrong index value: -4500

Regards
- Fanus

Stanley Miller

Re: MP profile colors

Postby Stanley Miller » 19 Dec 2006

hello
Stanley could you please modify this code. so we could see each letter in different color as a option in inputs
thanks Kayak
Kayak, I'll try but I'm not sure that this is possible at all.

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 19 Dec 2006

Was anyone able to get this to work? When I add this to a chart I receive an error message saying:

Regards
- Fanus
Fanus, please be more specific. Which version of MultiCharts do you have, which symbol and data resolution? Please post a screenshot if possible. Thanks.

Chris

Postby Chris » 19 Dec 2006

Regards
- Fanus
I guess it's the symbol you are using that's making the trouble (for example YM might need a larger Array size). Enlarge the Array size (as long as the error keeps coming) and it should work.

Chris

fs

Postby fs » 19 Dec 2006

I am using the latest MC beta version. I am using symbol ESH7 and I tried resolutions from 1 minute to 2 hours. I didn't bother going with higher resolutions, as this will be pointless to create a MP chart above that.

I increased the array size to 1000000 (1 million) and it didn't work on any resolution I tried.

I don't really see how a screen print will help? I receive a popup window with the error described above. There isn't any other information. If you need more specific information, I will be glad to provide that.

I think this will be useful when people post studies in this forum to provide more documentation on how to use it and what the requirements are instead of expecting people to figure it out for themselves.

Regards
- Fanus

Chris

Postby Chris » 19 Dec 2006

The last thing I can suggest to you is to look at you price scale settings in QM. You should have 1/100 there for ES.

I can imagine that there is the possibility that a price scale of 1/100000 for example will result in the array getting out of bounds. But I have not checked the XML code, if this is true - it's only a guess.

SP

Postby SP » 20 Dec 2006

@all

Is there a way to highlight the right Point of Control with this code?

I found out that mid = tpo[x]; marks the highest TPO. But how do i determine the right POC if i have more than one price with the same highest TPO value inside the value area?

For example if i have a value area from 6600 to 6630 and one TPO count of 14 at 6605 and another at 6620.

ax

Postby ax » 21 Dec 2006

sp
Not sure where I got this from but hope it helps

"If there is more than 1 price with the same 'most' TPO's then the price closest to the mid-point of the range (high - low) is used.(Volume Poss Better)
If the 2 'most' TPO prices are equi-distance from the mid-point then the price on the side of the mid-point with the most TPO's is used.
If there are equal number of TPO's on each side then the lower price is used."

SP

Postby SP » 23 Dec 2006

Hi ax,

thanks for your help. With google i found the source at
http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums ... n-646.html

which also contains an source protected ELD-Code for TS.

frenchfry

Postby frenchfry » 28 Dec 2006

Hello fs,

did you get this to work? I'm also using the latest beta and have the same error messages like you. So far I only figured out that the error number changes depending on the date range I select for the symbol.

kayak

MP

Postby kayak » 28 Dec 2006

I use 25 resolution for ES data on 30 min invisible chart and works fine (see pic on previous posts) :D

frenchfry

Postby frenchfry » 28 Dec 2006

Thanks Kayak.

I don't know where you would set the "resolution to 25" in Multichart. But after trying several things I could make it work for the Dax future by selecting a 30 min chart and in the quote manager I set the price scaling to "As is". (I just noticed that the session settings are important too)

Looks beautiful. Thanks Robin Hood.

Today I started to read "Mind over Markets" so this will be very helpful.

kayak

tpo

Postby kayak » 28 Dec 2006

frenchfry

resoltion is verticalSpacing in inputs for tpo indicator (for es is 25
on 30 min ), sorry

hunschuld

Postby hunschuld » 16 Jan 2007

I have been trying to download the market profile indicator but am having a problem. I went to the traderslabratory below and while I can get it to download to TS I cannet get it to imprt or compile on my PLEditor. I would appreciate any help as I have learned to use this indicator well.

It is a basic study on Ensign it really sould be one for multicharts as well.

Thanks

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 16 Jan 2007

I have been trying to download the market profile indicator but am having a problem. I went to the traderslabratory below and while I can get it to download to TS I cannet get it to imprt or compile on my PLEditor. I would appreciate any help as I have learned to use this indicator well.

It is a basic study on Ensign it really sould be one for multicharts as well.

Thanks
Which indicator do you mean?

hunschuld

I have tried to download and compile both the TPO download that is at the start of this thread and then i went to //www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f46/ma ... n-646.html. I could get this one to work on TS but I cant get it to import and compile through PLEditor.

These market profile programs do work with TS so I am guessing there is a way to get them to work with MC. If not is there another market profile program that will work with MC?

Thanks

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 16 Jan 2007

I have tried to download and compile both the TPO download that is at the start of this thread
Doesn't it work?
and then i went to //www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f46/ma ... n-646.html. I could get this one to work on TS but I cant get it to import and compile through PLEditor.
It seems to be source protected but I'll check this further.

kayak

Postby kayak » 16 Jan 2007

hunschuld

can you please post the eld file, the code from TS that is working or text file with code I don't have accsess to that site
thanks kajak

hunschuld

Stanley,I have been able to get the TPO download to work.

I am not much of a computer whiz so these things take me some time.

Kayak, I do not know how to post the code of the other market profile indicator.

traderwep

Postby traderwep » 23 Jan 2007

no, the code posted at the start of this thread. it is just code when i try to download it not an indicator i can import to multicharts.

how does one import it to multicharts.

thanks

wayne

Chris

Postby Chris » 24 Jan 2007

no, the code posted at the start of this thread. it is just code when i try to download it not an indicator i can import to multicharts.

how does one import it to multicharts.

thanks

wayne
Save the XML-file to your hard-disk and import it with PowerLanguage editor.

traderwep

Postby traderwep » 24 Jan 2007

thanks. i did get it imported but get the array bounds -4500 error message. did anyone figure out the problem with that. i am using a 1 min day only chart. esignal data and dec 18 multicharts build.

thanks

wayne

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 26 Jan 2007

thanks. i did get it imported but get the array bounds -4500 error message. did anyone figure out the problem with that. i am using a 1 min day only chart. esignal data and dec 18 multicharts build.

thanks

wayne
Could you please post the screenshot of the error message?

rhornung

Array Error

Postby rhornung » 09 Sep 2007

This morning, we found this possible cure.........

In the chart window where you have placed the market indicator, go to Format Symbol > Settings > Data Range......and set to something like 500 Bars Back from Current Date.

All other settings discussed up to this point did not provide any results.

zukkaweb

Built-in Volume Profile Histogram

Postby zukkaweb » 23 Feb 2008

How is possible ti create real market profilr, if this is real?

www.tssupport.com/img/design/scr15b.gif
Attachments
scr15sm.gif
(3.04 KiB) Downloaded 6386 times

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 04 Mar 2008

Yes, If I'm not mistaken it is the one you can take from this thread.

zukkaweb

Postby zukkaweb » 04 Mar 2008

yes but guys say that it doesn't work well

Is it right now?

ABC

Postby ABC » 11 Mar 2008

Zukkaweb,

it works correct, but from time to time people have encountered an array bounds error.
I have taken a look at the code and I guess I came up with a simple solution for the problem.

The code uses the High and Low of the chart and goes through the arrays from High to Low with loops. An array bounds is an indication for an overflow in one (or more) of the arrays. One solution would just be to enlarge the array size, until you don’t get error messages anymore. However I’d strongly suggest not do this, because you might end up with very large array sizes and therefore the code will be quite slow.
The solution I am going to show you will on the one hand avoid this and on the other hand will prevent other errors that might happen with wrong settings in the Quotemanager.

First some background to understand what exactly can cause the error. If you open up the Quotemanager and take a look at the settings for a specific symbol – I will do the ESH8 in this example – and go to the “settings tab”, here is what it might look like:

If you are using the default settings for the Globex, you should have a “Price Scale” of 1/10000 and a “Min. Movement” value of 1. This will result in four decimal places on your chart.

“Min. Movement” is the minimum movement the symbol can make i.e. 1 * 1/10000 in this case. So for every full ES point you end up with 10000 minimum movements. This will not change anything on your chart, but it will affect the TPO study. As the ES moves in quarters of a full point, the chart will reflect these four minimum movements per full point, the remaining are 9996 values are just in the background.
The TPO stuffy however will take each of the 10000 values and stores them in the array – doesn’t matter if there is information of value contained. As the study comes with an array size of 1000, you can see that one point is already enough to create the overflow, which is shown by the array bounds error message.
Now to the solution:
Take a price scale setting of your choice (for example I use 1/100 for ES) and take the number of ticks per full point, which is 4 in our example (a value you can find on the website of the exchanges if you are not sure). Take the denominator of the price scale setting and divide it through the number of ticks per full point. The result is your setting for the “Min. Movement” input: 100 / 4 = 25

If you’d like to stay with the 1/10000 the “Min. Movement” input equals 2500.

Finally as you are already in the settings tab, you can take a look at the “Big Point Value”, which is the value of one full point – in our example the value of four ticks. You can either find this value on the exchanges website or by multiplying the tick value with the number of ticks per full point.
I haven’t found that “Daily Limit” has effect on something, so it’s totally up to you to set the input.

After applying the new settings you can open a new chart of your symbol and load the TPO indicator. If everything went correct, the array bounds error shouldn’t occur any more (as long as the High and Low of the chart is less than 1000 ticks apart – if you ever should run into this special case, you can still multiply the array size).

I hope that I have made the concept as clear as possible, without getting too complicated. But being a great teacher is not what I am, so if you have any questions left, please post them here.

Best regards,

ABC
Attachments
Screenshot - 10.03.2008 , 18_44_06.png
(36.51 KiB) Downloaded 6370 times
Screenshot - 10.03.2008 , 18_53_16.png
(11.35 KiB) Downloaded 6293 times
Screenshot - 10.03.2008 , 18_43_49.png
(33.2 KiB) Downloaded 6551 times

zukkaweb

Postby zukkaweb » 24 Mar 2008

I find this on:
http://eotpro.com/EOTPRO%20INDICATOR%20PAGE.htm

BARTIME.eld tells you the average bar time on a volume or tick chart

VWAP_H.eld Volume weighted average price, great support and resistance areas

How could we use in right way in market profile?

it wuolb be great if is it possible to extend the Volume_profile inside the graph end not on the left or on the right, this is more powerfull to see the level.Is it possible?

ax

Globex 16.30 to 9.30 Session

Postby ax » 03 Sep 2008

I cannot get this indicator to print the Globex session prior to Mid-night. My session setting is 16.30 to 9.30 ET the next day. The data will show on a bar chart but not as TPO.

Any assistance would be most appreciated

Thank you
ax

zukkaweb

Re: Globex 16.30 to 9.30 Session

Postby zukkaweb » 06 Sep 2008

I cannot get this indicator to print the Globex session prior to Mid-night. My session setting is 16.30 to 9.30 ET the next day. The data will show on a bar chart but not as TPO.

Any assistance would be most appreciated

Thank you
ax
You try to use no globex section, in europe the time is 15,30 to 22.15

bomberone1

Market Profile

Postby bomberone1 » 02 Jul 2011

Could include MarketProfile in new version of multicharts?

Laurent

Re: TPO aka Market Profile

Postby Laurent » 22 Jul 2011

That would be nice to include it by default in the version 8 ;-)

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 23 Jul 2011

That would be nice to include it by default in the version 8 ;-)
Who know what might happen with enough votes:

MultiCharts Project Management - Issue MC-471 - Market Profile in Multicharts

:)

Laurent

Postby Laurent » 23 Jul 2011

I have added my vote ;-)

bomberone1

Postby bomberone1 » 23 Jul 2011

Laurent

Postby Laurent » 23 Jul 2011

done, that's the only major thing (Market Profile) that is missing to MC! =)
(With a good detection of trendlines and patterns figures).

Everything else is perfect!

bomberone1

Postby bomberone1 » 23 Jul 2011

Make a request on pm, and link the vote.

Return to “User Contributed Studies and Indicator Library”