FXCM Not working  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
lessthanrandom

FXCM Not working

Postby lessthanrandom » 30 Jul 2013

Everytime I get charts set up (data loaded, strategy tested and optimized, logged into FXCM, etc.) Once I start sending orders, I get booted from FXCM and the platform freezes. I've repaired, re-installed, bought a new computer, etc... same issues over and over again. Has anyone had this issue and how can I get this thing to start working for more than 30 seconds at a time?

TJ

Re: FXCM Not working

Postby TJ » 30 Jul 2013

Everytime I get charts set up (data loaded, strategy tested and optimized, logged into FXCM, etc.) Once I start sending orders, I get booted from FXCM and the platform freezes. I've repaired, re-installed, bought a new computer, etc... same issues over and over again. Has anyone had this issue and how can I get this thing to start working for more than 30 seconds at a time?
Do you have the latest FxOrder2go?

lessthanrandom

Yes, trades will go through and then everything will stop working, MC freezes, and my positions just float un-managed.

TJ

Postby TJ » 30 Jul 2013

Yes, trades will go through and then everything will stop working, MC freezes, and my positions just float un-managed.
Please go on Live Chat with the tech support (click on the button at the top of this page), they can sort this out for you.

lessthanrandom

LOL... hours and hours of that and they have no clue what is wrong.

lessthanrandom

I'm sitting here watching an MC platform that is frozen... no data, no P/L updates, etc. While my FXCM account shows tons of activity. I've never struggled so much with a piece of software. Is there a single person on the planet that is actually getting FXCM autotrading from Multicharts? I've tried on 3 computers and 2 networks... NOTHING but freezing and random disconnections from data/broker.

lessthanrandom

Also... bottom right shows 0q/0s... that doesn't seem right... what should that show?

lessthanrandom

Restarted... got one chart connected and trading. Tried to set up another chart and everything locked up. Broker turned yellow ("connecting" status) and platform become completely unresponsive. I have the latest version of everything ... MC-64, FXorder2go, "Updater" for FX, brand new computer out of the box, no virus or firewalls on, etc. Been trying to get MC support to fix this for 2 weeks and no one has a clue what the problem is. PLEASE, what do I need to do to make this thing take trades and not freeze every 15 minutes ?!?!

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 31 Jul 2013

I would try 32bit MC-version ... Have tons of problems with MC64 connected to IB, TT, ELC (with 64bit dll) and other own developed addon's etc etc etc .... Surprisingly not just one problem in 32bit version ... 64bit Win or not ... Doesn't matter.

But have to say others don't have these problems. So just try it.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 Jul 2013

lessthanrandom, our engineers have confirmed a lock issue when multiple FXCM broker profiles are connected in MultiCharts at the same time. Our developers are working on this case. I would recommend you to try limiting connected FXCM broker profiles to one or two and see how it goes.
Also... bottom right shows 0q/0s... that doesn't seem right... what should that show?
0q/0s means that there is 0 quotes and 0 seconds delay (no delay). It is absolutely normal.

lessthanrandom

Re: FXCM Not working  [SOLVED]

Postby lessthanrandom » 31 Jul 2013

Thanks to the patient support of the Live Chat techs... we figured out the problem is with the FXCM connection. Switched over to MB Trading and everything is working great. Specific thanks to Roman for his help!

Return to “MultiCharts”