Discovered MC today and I have some questions!  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Discovered MC today and I have some questions!

Postby Guest » 22 Dec 2006

I am a United Kingdom, Futures trader and have been using TS software for almost 9 years. I started with TS 4 and, for the past 3 years, have been using TS 2000i, which of course is no longer supported by TS.

What I find interesting about MC is the fact that the software is supported by the manufacturer and is also compatible with several Data Providers, like TenFore and Patsystems, for example but, I have some questions, as follows:

1)Is the MC scripting language the same as TS EasyLanguage, since I have developed my trading software using TS EasyLanguage in the PowerEditor and it would be of considerable benefit to me if I could continue to use my knowlege of EasyLanguage to write Analysis Techniques in MC?
2)Would I be able to import Indicators, Show-Me-Studies, Paint-Bar-Studies and Functions from the TS EasyLanguage library into MC without having to rewrite the code?
3)I use 8 subgraphs on my TS 2000i Workspace, including subgraph#1 which contains the symbol being charted - can a MC Workspace hold 8 Subgraphs?

If anyone can answer these questions, I would be grateful.

Kate

Re: Discovered MC today and I have some questions!

Postby Kate » 22 Dec 2006

1)Is the MC scripting language the same as TS EasyLanguage, since I have developed my trading software using TS EasyLanguage in the PowerEditor and it would be of considerable benefit to me if I could continue to use my knowlege of EasyLanguage to write Analysis Techniques in MC?
2)Would I be able to import Indicators, Show-Me-Studies, Paint-Bar-Studies and Functions from the TS EasyLanguage library into MC without having to rewrite the code?
3)I use 8 subgraphs on my TS 2000i Workspace, including subgraph#1 which contains the symbol being charted - can a MC Workspace hold 8 Subgraphs?
Dear Guest,
1) MultiCharts' scripting language is 99% compatible with EasyLanguage so you will be able to continue using your EasyLanguage knowledge to write your indicators.
2) It is possible to import EasyLanguage Indicators, Show-Me-Studies, Paint-Bar-Studies and Functions in to MultiCharts without rewriting their codes.
3) You will be able to create up to 20 subcharts in one workspace.

[SOLVED]

Postby Guest » 23 Dec 2006

That's good news and thank you kindly Kate! I shall be in touch again in the New Year to purchase a licence for MultiCharts.

Return to “MultiCharts”