Multiple symbols

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
iso

Multiple symbols

Postby iso » 27 Dec 2006

Is it planned to be able to track multiple symbols by having a quote window that is linkable to a chart?

Also is it planned to make it more streamlined to add a symbol? When I get an alert from an external application I have to go into quotemanager and add a symbol manually. There is no way to add multiple symbols at once. Since each user will have their default data provider is it possible to set a global setting for the default data provider so when a new symbol is typed into a chart it is added automatically to quotemanager?

Thanks,

-iso @ xooee.com

Kate

Postby Kate » 28 Dec 2006

Yes, we are planing to implement an advanced quote window that will allow to use custom indicators.
Also is it planned to make it more streamlined to add a symbol? When I get an alert from an external application I have to go into quotemanager and add a symbol manually. There is no way to add multiple symbols at once.
You can add symbols from FormatSymbol window, just click Add symbol..., then make a look up for the necessary symbols, multi-select them (using Shift) and click Add.
Since each user will have their default data provider is it possible to set a global setting for the default data provider so when a new symbol is typed into a chart it is added automatically to quotemanager?
In future we will try to make adding symbols more streamlined: they will be added automatically to QuoteManager after they having been plotted on a chart. Now we are trying to find a compromise solution for all data providers as it is rather simple to implement this for eSignal, for instance, but it is not so easy with IB as IB symbol names may be too complicated.

iso

Postby iso » 28 Dec 2006

I tried adding a symbol in the manor you describe and I get a box that pops up and says "Please run QuoteManager to add the symbols manually"

THEN MC FREEZES UP AND CRASHES....

Kate

Postby Kate » 28 Dec 2006

If this problem is reproducible please contact us via our Live Chat or give us a call as we need to establish Helpdesk connection to take a look at this.

Return to “MultiCharts”