Code with over 10000 lines freezes compiler

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
SP

Code with over 10000 lines freezes compiler

Postby SP » 03 Jan 2007

If i try to verify the XCAP function from this code

http://www.TS.com/Discussions ... c_ID=58534

the compiler freezes. The cpu usage goes to 100%, caused by an process cc1plus.exe.

It seems that the code contains too many lines or too many arrays inside the function for MC.

Pipscalper

Postby Pipscalper » 03 Jan 2007

No this is not an MC issue I encountered the same , when compiling this filter took an half hour on my computer.Also the author stated that it took several hours on his computer. Just compile if markets are closed and wait.
THe same author has meanwhile a new filter based on Legrenge method.
Did not try this for now,but he states that this new one is even better.

Pipscalper

https://www.TS.com/Discussion ... c_ID=59250
here the link to the new Legendre code.

SP

Postby SP » 03 Jan 2007

Hi Pipcalper,

the code compiles on my TS8.1 on a old P4 in under 30 seconds.

Pipscalper

I don't know for TS8 only know that I experienced the same. CPU usage 100% and it took a really very long time to compile, Once compiled the usage of this code is normal.

Chris

Postby Chris » 03 Jan 2007

I don't know for TS8 only know that I experienced the same. CPU usage 100% and it took a really very long time to compile, Once compiled the usage of this code is normal.
It will take quite a while to compile the code or even import it into the PL Editor, but it will compile/import. I have tried it with the previous beta and not with the current one.

It's true that you can import it quite fast in TS. The author mentioned that it took several hours to precalculate the filters, but this work only had to be done once on his computer. Once the precalculations are translated in PowerLanguage it only needs to be compiled and is ready to work.

Pipscalper

Postby Pipscalper » 04 Jan 2007

If TS compiles this very quickly while MC takes such long time, it is better that somewhen at TS support checks the code. Maybe it is optimized for TS. Pl editor is not 100% compatible?

denizen2

Postby denizen2 » 04 Jan 2007

The code being discussed here was imported and compiled, using MC/PLEditor, in about 5 minutes or less. But I did have to exit all other applications to see any progress.... more specifically, I had to exit MC charting. :o

Re: Code with over 10000 lines freezes compiler

Postby Guest » 04 Jan 2007

If i try to verify the XCAP function from this code

http://www.TS.com/Discussions ... c_ID=58534

the compiler freezes. The cpu usage goes to 100%, caused by an process cc1plus.exe.

It seems that the code contains too many lines or too many arrays inside the function for MC.
I am experiencing multiple problems such as this i.e. freezing , crashing etc. with the new beta on much smaller code segments. I have had this occur on two separate computers. Seems to me they have a compiler problem with their new beta.

J~

Postby Guest » 05 Jan 2007

I am experiencing multiple problems such as this i.e. freezing , crashing etc. with the new beta on much smaller code segments. Seems to me they have a compiler problem with their new beta.

J~
It seems that TSSupport changed some behaviors of the compiler. In the previous versions you could use codes like

input: filter(0), d(2), s(5), ....
var: i(0) //Counter

Now you get an error message, these single letters are not longer allowed. These behavior is critical for older password protected codes, because they now dont verify anymore and due to the protection you have noch chance to modify the code inputs.

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 05 Jan 2007

It seems that TSSupport changed some behaviors of the compiler. In the previous versions you could use codes like

input: filter(0), d(2), s(5), ....
var: i(0) //Counter

Now you get an error message, these single letters are not longer allowed. These behavior is critical for older password protected codes, because they now dont verify anymore and due to the protection you have noch chance to modify the code inputs.
You can't use i as variable because this is a reserved word means Open Interest.

Return to “MultiCharts”