LMAX  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
victoryong

LMAX

Postby victoryong » 19 Oct 2013

I've encountered missing candles and/or data when using MC .NET SE with LMAX. Anybody having the same issue?

FYI, MultiCharts and LMAX is currently looking into the subject.

victoryong

Re: LMAX

Postby victoryong » 21 Oct 2013

Wow! Am I the only one having the issue? :-D

I'm currently evaluating MC with LMAX. Can those with using MC-LMAX share their experiences, pros and cons. Would be great to hear it.

Alex MultiCharts

Postby Alex MultiCharts » 21 Oct 2013

Hello,

please follow this link to read how to resolve various problems with data: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... ultiCharts

In case this did not help, it could be one of the issues with LMAX that were fixed in MultiCharts 8.8 Beta 2. Unfortunately, this version is not available for Multicharts .NET SE users, as only Release versions are available.
Please wait until MultiCharts .NET SE 8.8 Release version, the issue should be resolved there.

Zoli

Postby Zoli » 22 Oct 2013

Hi Victoryong,

I am using MC with LMAX since almost 2 years and I had no issues worth mentioning because reported issues get fixed in the next release of MC.
Data speed and execution seems as fast with MC as their online platform.
The historical data goes back to 2010 end of August (might be limited to 3 years).
There is really not much to be told here, am sure everyone will say it's this good and that good.
You could download the 30 day trial version of MC to form an opinion.

victoryong

Postby victoryong » 22 Oct 2013

Thanks. Which MC are you using? The standard MC (easylanguage) or MC.Net?
Hi Victoryong,

I am using MC with LMAX since almost 2 years and I had no issues worth mentioning because reported issues get fixed in the next release of MC.
Data speed and execution seems as fast with MC as their online platform.
The historical data goes back to 2010 end of August (might be limited to 3 years).
There is really not much to be told here, am sure everyone will say it's this good and that good.
You could download the 30 day trial version of MC to form an opinion.

Zoli

I used the Powerlanguage one until the .NET version got launched. Now I only use the .NET version.

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: LMAX  [SOLVED]

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 22 Oct 2013

Unfortunately the issue affects all MC versions, since the same LMAX API is used in each current version of MC. The thing is that LMAX sometimes sends files with incorrect historical daily data. The issue is confirmed by them and they should fix it in future.

Zoli

If that's the case only for DAILY bars then it's simple (I would be surprised to be the case for others as well without spotting it). One can use 24 hour resolution instead of 1 day on LMAX. I always use it like that because of the timezone settings. Only need to make a custom session template in QuoteManager and apply to all LMAX symbols.

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 22 Oct 2013

If that's the case only for DAILY bars then it's simple (I would be surprised to be the case for others as well without spotting it). One can use 24 hour resolution instead of 1 day on LMAX. I always use it like that because of the timezone settings. Only need to make a custom session template in QuoteManager and apply to all LMAX symbols.
The issue was demonstrated only for the daily historical bars.

victoryong

Postby victoryong » 06 Nov 2013

24 hours and 1440 minutes resolution bar seems to be working fine at the moment. Btw, to spot the missing candle/bar on the daily, you'll have to go "Format Window" -> "X-Time Scale" -> click on "Show Empty Periods"

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”