Warning: ".. can no calculate position info...  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
StefanoSF

Warning: ".. can no calculate position info...

Postby StefanoSF » 26 Mar 2013

I occasionally get this error.
"Warning: MultiCharts cannot calculate position information; locally stored position history does not match historical order."

How do I correct this?
Attachments
position_history.PNG
(28.99 KiB) Downloaded 1060 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Warning: ".. can no calculate position info...  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Mar 2013

Hello StefanoSF,

It will be corrected automatically. Sync orders will be added to match the locally stored historical position. Such orders will have "Position matching" name in Signal column @ List of Trades.

seneca

Re: Warning: ".. can no calculate position info...

Postby seneca » 04 Nov 2013

Hello StefanoSF,

It will be corrected automatically. Sync orders will be added to match the locally stored historical position. Such orders will have "Position matching" name in Signal column @ List of Trades.
Henry, I also get this error message for some symbols.
Is the automatic sync order which you mentioned in your reply triggered on a regularly base?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Nov 2013

Hello StefanoSF,

Henry, I also get this error message for some symbols.
Is the automatic sync order which you mentioned in your reply triggered on a regularly base?
It is triggered only when locally stored position history does not match historical orders:
1) position info is taken from OPT Position history for the date of the last bar on chart, if there is one. If there is none-current broker market position is taken. Initial market position is determined by replaying the orders backwards.
2) check if the calculated initial position matches with the Position History position for the first bar date. If it does not match-an alert is shown.
3) In such case synthetic entry order is placed with the special name and entry price same as exit

seneca

Postby seneca » 05 Nov 2013

It is triggered only when locally stored position history does not match historical orders: 1) position info is taken from OPT Position history for the date of the last bar on chart, if there is one. If there is none-current broker market position is taken. Initial market position is determined by replaying the orders backwards. 2) check if the calculated initial position matches with the Position History position for the first bar date. If it does not match-an alert is shown. 3) In such case synthetic entry order is placed with the special name and entry price same as exit
I found that for the instruments affected by this issue, there is a mismatch between Position History and calculated position, which is due to orders entered directly into IB TWS. But unfortunately, no synthetic order is generated to correct this and the issue persists.

Henry MultiСharts

I found that for the instruments affected by this issue, there is a mismatch between Position History and calculated position, which is due to orders entered directly into IB TWS. But unfortunately, no synthetic order is generated to correct this and the issue persists.
Do you mean there are no orders with "Position matching" name in Signal column of List of Trades in the report?

seneca

Postby seneca » 05 Nov 2013

Do you mean there are no orders with "Position matching" name in Signal column of List of Trades in the report?
Yes, there actually are "Position matching" designated orders in the signal column of the List of Trades section of the TPR. Obviously MC detected the position mismatch, so why do I still get the failure message when I open the TPR?

Henry MultiСharts

Yes, there actually are "Position matching" designated orders in the signal column of the List of Trades section of the TPR. Obviously MC detected the position mismatch, so why do I still get the failure message when I open the TPR?
This is not a failure message, this is not an error. This is a warning message to warn you that position mismatch has been found and synthetic orders will be added to your report to sync the positions.

Zoli

Postby Zoli » 14 Aug 2014

Hello,

I have made a feature request to receive the order history from the broker. Anyone interested, please vote for it.

http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... no=MC-1715

Return to “MultiCharts”