QuoteManager question

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
NW27

QuoteManager question

Postby NW27 » 29 Feb 2012

Hi,

90% of the time, when I start MC, I want Data server mode to be Online and downloading data (as well as back fill).

The other 10% is on the weekends or if I'm doing specific back testing.

In QM (QuoteManager), I have quite a few futures contracts (including expired ones) that have a connected status, that is, they are downloading data even though I don't have a chart open collecting the data.
So I might spend all day with just the 6E open and QM is downloading 6E & 6A etc. Fine.

Now the problem. I use MC in the Offline mode, close it down, come back later and fire up QuoteManager and once again kick myself, because I started QM before I started MC and it automatically disconnects all data feeds. WHY?
Why can't it just remember what I manually connected and start up like that, regardless of what state MC is in. Who cares if it sits there timing out.

It's a pain in the but, that I have to go to all of the exchanges, find the relevant contracts, forex, shares etc and turn them all on again. Hoping I've missed none.

Sometimes, whilst I'm in MC in the offline mode, I want to fire up QM to do some changes ie a custom session that only shows the first hour of the morning. I have to close all MC charts, turn on Online mode (problem on weekends when IB is closed and can't connect to it) fire up QM do my new session, close QM, change MC from Online to Offline and re load all charts.
A Pain in the A.....

Neil.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: QuoteManager question

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Feb 2012

Hello Neil,

That is a good suggestion "Do not reset the symbols collecting data w/o plotting when switching data server to offline mode".
We will consider such functionality for futher development.

Return to “MultiCharts”