Can someone crack (decompile) MC read(token) only strategy/?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
mno

Can someone crack (decompile) MC read(token) only strategy/?

Postby mno » 07 Apr 2012

Hello all,

Can someone crack MC read (token) only strategy?

I have actually seen people who do this in minutes, at least for TS. I am sure that I am not the only one.

Cracking password protection on .ELAs to these guys is a joke. They decompile, TS ELD, token only strategies. They can even look inside DLL's and fix date locks, even more complex protection w/o too much problem. I also know there are some sites who charge to decompile these into source codes. They even sell recent MC cracks with all the extra add - ons (ie that cost money) all opened and running

I also know that there are more sophisticated protections like Diamond Locks but it's really a pain to do this since any edits in the strategy requires alot of other work and maintenance.

So with all these underground people lurking around to make a quick buck, I am wondering how safe the MC read only strategies are. Since the vendors' read only strategies and indicators are cracked too and running, it would seem that if I have a read only strategy that is precious to me and if they really had it and wanted it to, they can crack this too.

Or am I not understanding something. I am hoping that I am wrong and it's impossible to crack, alter, decompile, go around somehow date limits, etc. on read only MC strategies and indicators but I need to understand why it would be impossible - or ways to make it closely so.

Thank you.

mno

TJ

Re: Can someone crack (decompile) MC read(token) only strate

Postby TJ » 07 Apr 2012

Hello all,

Can someone crack MC read (token) only strategy?

I have actually seen people who do this in minutes, at least for TS. I am sure that I am not the only one.

Cracking password protection on .ELAs to these guys is a joke. They decompile, TS ELD, token only strategies. They can even look inside DLL's and fix date locks, even more complex protection w/o too much problem. I also know there are some sites who charge to decompile these into source codes. They even sell recent MC cracks with all the extra add - ons (ie that cost money) all opened and running

I also know that there are more sophisticated protections like Diamond Locks but it's really a pain to do this since any edits in the strategy requires alot of other work and maintenance.

So with all these underground people lurking around to make a quick buck, I am wondering how safe the MC read only strategies are. Since the vendors' read only strategies and indicators are cracked too and running, it would seem that if I have a read only strategy that is precious to me and if they really had it and wanted it to, they can crack this too.

Or am I not understanding something. I am hoping that I am wrong and it's impossible to crack, alter, decompile, go around somehow date limits, etc. on read only MC strategies and indicators but I need to understand why it would be impossible - or ways to make it closely so.

Thank you.

mno
see post #7
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6845

Return to “MultiCharts”