Optimizer error after migrating to a new PC

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ericvp

Optimizer error after migrating to a new PC

Postby ericvp » 09 Apr 2012

Hi,

I just moved to a new Windows 7 PC, and see an odd problem within Portfolio Backtester. Everything else has gone fine with the transition: I get the exact same results when I run a BackTest using the same Signals and Instruments on the old and new PCs. But, when I try to run the Optimize functionality on the new PC, I get the error below.

"Internal error occure [sic] during initializing 'plkit.dll' or 'elkit32.dll' "

Extra info, and stuff I've tried so far:
* Both the new and old PC have MultiCharts 7.4.4953
* New PC has 12GB of RAM
* I use Global Variables in my Signals, and I fear there is some one-time thing I had to do to set them up on the old PC, that I've forgotten about
* Both 'plkit.dll' and 'elkit32.dll' appear to be where they should be on the new machine: C:\Program Files (x86)\TS Support\MultiCharts
* All the Signal settings, Strategy Properties, data are the same between the two machines
* I double checked that the Signal settings within the Optimizer are the same as at the Strategy level.

Thanks,
Eric

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Optimizer error after migrating to a new PC

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Apr 2012

Hi,

I just moved to a new Windows 7 PC, and see an odd problem within Portfolio Backtester. Everything else has gone fine with the transition: I get the exact same results when I run a BackTest using the same Signals and Instruments on the old and new PCs. But, when I try to run the Optimize functionality on the new PC, I get the error below.

"Internal error occure [sic] during initializing 'plkit.dll' or 'elkit32.dll' "

Extra info, and stuff I've tried so far:
* Both the new and old PC have MultiCharts 7.4.4953
* New PC has 12GB of RAM
* I use Global Variables in my Signals, and I fear there is some one-time thing I had to do to set them up on the old PC, that I've forgotten about
* Both 'plkit.dll' and 'elkit32.dll' appear to be where they should be on the new machine: C:\Program Files (x86)\TS Support\MultiCharts
* All the Signal settings, Strategy Properties, data are the same between the two machines
* I double checked that the Signal settings within the Optimizer are the same as at the Strategy level.

Thanks,
Eric
Hello Eric,

Do you have a multi-core CPU or single-core CPU?
Please try to disable multi core CPU support for optimization.

Download and unzip the attachment.

Please close Multicharts and all its products (i.e. MC, Quote Manager, PL editor, ....).
Make sure that all MC processes are ended.
In the Windows Task manager check these processes:
atCenterServer.exe
Fixserver.exe
MultiCharts.exe
MessageCenter.exe
PLEditor.exe
QuoteManager.exe
StudyServer.exe
tsServer.exe
TradingServer.exe
TPserver.exe
ZfServer.exe
ZfServerProxyV3.exe
Please end the processes if they are still running after MC close.

Then double click on the unzipped file One_Thread_ForOptimize.reg
Click Yes to import the registry key.
If this solution didn't help and you still have the issue-please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST. We will do our best to help you.
Attachments
All_Thread_ForOptimize.zip
(523 Bytes) Downloaded 144 times

ericvp

Re: Optimizer error after migrating to a new PC

Postby ericvp » 10 Apr 2012

Hi Henry,

Thanks! That seems to have fixed it.

And, yes, the new PC has a multi-core CPU. More specifically, it has an Intel Xeon model e5620 CPU, 2.4GHz, 12mb Cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, Quad Core.

Thanks,
Eric

Return to “MultiCharts”