Work with MC 32Bit and 64Bit live from the same computer

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ABC

Work with MC 32Bit and 64Bit live from the same computer

Postby ABC » 11 Apr 2012

Currently MC 32bit version would get disconnected, when you try opening MC 64bit on the same computer. In my understanding when DRM was introduced it was not intended (nor possible) to run two different versions of MC on the same computer.
As it is now, would it be possible to change this or is it impossible with the way DRM works?

Thank you,

ABC

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Work with MC 32Bit and 64Bit live from the same computer

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Apr 2012

Currently MC 32bit version would get disconnected, when you try opening MC 64bit on the same computer. In my understanding when DRM was introduced it was not intended (nor possible) to run two different versions of MC on the same computer.
As it is now, would it be possible to change this or is it impossible with the way DRM works?
Thank you,
ABC
You can run your MultiCharts license only in one MultiCharts application at a time (but you can have multiple instances of multicharts.exe).
If you want to run two MultiCharts (32bit and 64 bit) at the same time on the same computer - you need to use two licenses.

ABC

Postby ABC » 11 Apr 2012

Yes, that's how it currently is. That's why I asked if this can be changed or if you are not willing to change it. As to my understanding running the two instances on the same computer at the same time is no exploitation, wouldn't you agree?

khalaad

Postby khalaad » 12 Apr 2012

Yes, that's how it currently is. That's why I asked if this can be changed or if you are not willing to change it. As to my understanding running the two instances on the same computer at the same time is no exploitation, wouldn't you agree?
I would!

But there seems no support for the idea; even though running two same-liscense MultiCharts simultaneously from the same computer could facilitate in making trading rather more convenient in certain situations.

Khalid

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Apr 2012

Running two instances of the software is different from running two applications on the same PC.
MultiCharts 32 bit and MultiCharts 64 bit are separate applications. You need two licenses to run both simultaneously on the same PC. There are no plans to change that.
With one license you can start multiple instances of MultiCharts. You can have 2, 3, 4, and more MultiCharts windows on your screens under the same registration name, using the same PowerLanguage studies and QuoteManager data.
Attachments
Three isntances MC.png
(253.97 KiB) Downloaded 384 times

Return to “MultiCharts”