Drawing objects destoyed when time scale changes

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
GD

Drawing objects destoyed when time scale changes

Postby GD » 24 May 2006

I like to mark entry and exit points with circles and rectangles. When I change
the time scale to something else, then go back again, the circles and rectangles are destroyed. See the attached screen shots and
explanation.

Thanks,

GD
Attachments
Drawings destroyed when time scale is changed.pdf
(19.64 KiB) Downloaded 397 times

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 25 May 2006

Thanks for the attention, but I was not able to reproduce this issue.

What symbol, which version of MultiCharts and what data source were you using? With eSignal data for Google stock at least this does not happen. Did you save or load the workspace during that experiment, anything else?

GD

Postby GD » 25 May 2006

At the time, I was using a 3 week old version, but last night, I downloaded 1.90.468.865, and it also shows weird behavior. The symbol doesn't matter. It can be any symbol. Mine are all stock symbols. The data source is IB, Smart. I loaded the workspace, drew a bunch of drawings on a one minute chart (try drawing a circle at each up or down peak - four or five), clicked the 10 minute icon at the top to change the time resolution, then clicked on the 1 minute icon again. The screen you get doesn't have all the drawings you put in the initial screen. Do it again, and you may or may not get something else again.

By the way, a needed feature is to be able to double click a drawing tool to make it possible to repeat the drawing placement. Suppose you want to draw a bunch of circles. You have to click on the circle drawing tool icon for each circle you want to draw.

Thanks,

GD

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 25 May 2006

I'm using a later version and so far had no success reproducing the disappearing drawings problem, can you give us a call and demonstrate using remote desktop connection?

Please call us at 888-817-6385 Monday-Friday from 6:30am till 2:00pm ET. We'll use remote desktop connection to research and fix your issue.

Before that please go to http://tssupport.com/helpdesk, download the HelpDesk program, save it to your desktop and run it when we start the phone conversation. Double-click directly on the “Internet support” inscription.

Also, if you right-click the selected drawing object, there'll be a Clone Drawing option - use it to create a copy of the selected ibject, it will be located just above it and can be dragged to the desired location.

Return to “MultiCharts”