Automated trading

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
paul.robillard

Automated trading

Postby paul.robillard » 02 May 2012

Hello,

I have some backtesting signals i would like to convert to automated trading signals. I figure there must be some ajustments to do in the coding, like implementing OCO orders. Where can i find related resources and help ?

JoshM

Re: Automated trading

Postby JoshM » 02 May 2012

There's an Wiki article about automated trading (which also mentions OCO), here is something about Bracket (OCO) orders in MultiCharts, and there is the OCO risk article. On this page you can find which brokers support which types of orders.

Alteratively, you can search the forum (with the default search box at the top of the page), or, preferably, through Google.com with the addition "site:http://www.multicharts.com" to restrict the search to MultiCharts.com, e.g. "oco orders site:http://www.multicharts.com".

arjfca

Re: Automated trading

Postby arjfca » 02 May 2012

Hello,

I have some backtesting signals i would like to convert to automated trading signals. I figure there must be some ajustments to do in the coding, like implementing OCO orders. Where can i find related resources and help ?
Hello / Bonjour

My suggestion and 2 cents input:

Usually, you should execute live trade with the exact setup of what you have coded for your backtest. Changing orders to be OCO will modify the result. Could be better, could be worst...

In your backtest, did you include slippage. Unless you use Stop Limit Entry, slippage as to be put as in reallity, you should have some

To prevent any big problem, you could always run your code on a paper account or demo, depending on who is your broker.

Good luck

Martin T.
Montréal Canada

Return to “MultiCharts”