Mismatch between daily and hourly charts.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
roesm

Mismatch between daily and hourly charts.

Postby roesm » 05 May 2012

Over the last few days, I see a well-defined H&S pattern on the hourly ES chart. This does not show up on the daily chart (yellow circles on attached image). I've tried various "Sessions", "Quote Field" and "Time Zone" settings on the Format Instrument window, but to no avail. Is there a setting that I need to adjust somewhere?

If I look at the Interactive Brokers Daily chart, it looks OK (although the bar colors are different, presumably because IB's session start/end times are different).

Thanks,
Mike
Attachments
ES_1D_1H.png
(76.12 KiB) Downloaded 236 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Mismatch between daily and hourly charts.

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 May 2012

Hello Mike,

Do you refer to real-time data or historical data?

In QuoteManager go to Tools tab->Data sources ->IB->Settings.
Is "Regular Trading Hours" option enabled?
In TWS->Chart settings->Chart Parameters-> is "Show data outside of regular trading hours" option available and enabled?

If "Regular Trading Hours" option is enabled-only the data for session hours will be downloaded from the server.
If "Regular Trading Hours" option is disabled-additional non-session data will be downloaded, in case it is provided by IB and enabled in TWS.

Please make sure the following options are set properly in QuoteManager and TWS.
Reload the chart using Ctrl+R after changing the settings.

roesm

Re: Mismatch between daily and hourly charts.

Postby roesm » 07 May 2012

The "Regular Trading Hours" option was set. un-checking this and refreshing solved the problem. Thank you so much!
-Mike

Return to “MultiCharts”