Signal changed to 'read only' can't open

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
DibsTrader

Signal changed to 'read only' can't open

Postby DibsTrader » 13 May 2012

Hi I recently edited the code on one of my signals, now when trying to open the code it says 'read only' and I am unable to add it to charts or open it to edit. Does anyone know what could have caused this and how I can fix?
Very grateful for any help, thanks!

evdl

Re: Signal changed to 'read only' can't open

Postby evdl » 13 May 2012

Experienced the same thing. Fortunatly it was a copy of another strategy which I didn't edit yet. So I could delete it without any loss of work.

From that point on, I always keep a backup of signals and indicators in a text file.

Sorry I can not help you, but I would like to know this also, in case this happens again.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 May 2012

DibsTrader, Evdl, what version and build number of MultiCharts are you running (Help tab->About MultiCharts)?
What are the exact steps causing this behavior?

evdl

Postby evdl » 14 May 2012

Hi Henry,

I use the latest MC8.0 beta3. What happend was that I edited the signal. Closed it. And at another time (next day)tried to open it, the signal was protected. Happend once.

Probably not much to go on. Was just curious how to get a protected strategy of my own to unprotect. But I don't want to hijack this topic from Dibstrader, maybe he has more info.

Return to “MultiCharts”