Option: Automatic switch on Autotrading

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
swz168

Option: Automatic switch on Autotrading

Postby swz168 » 16 May 2012

I think an option to automatic switch on autotrading is very important.

Please look at PM: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-953
and vote if you like this feature!

TJ

Re: Option: Automatic switch on Autotrading

Postby TJ » 16 May 2012

I think an option to automatic switch on autotrading is very important.

Please look at PM: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-953
and vote if you like this feature!
How do you guarantee that the auto-switch is switched properly and as intended?

swz168

Postby swz168 » 16 May 2012

I have two ideas how to implement this feature:

1. Multicharts could create a "100% Autotrading Workspace". If created a new chart, the user first setups his/her strategies etc, so it is ready for activating autotrading (the user activates the strategy like it is implemented now) (or the users copies a already configured chart from another workspace). If the Chart is switched on by the user to autotrading, MC tries to keep the chart/strategy always on autotrading mode. If the user closes MC, and at a later time, he restarts MC, "100% Autotrading Workspace" is opened automatically and switches all strategies to autotrading. Only if the user stopped autotrading by himself (that does not include exitting MC) for a certain chart/strategy, MC does not autoapply autotrading.

2. Implement the automatic autotrading on feature in "normal" workspaces. Each chart has it's own strategy properties. There could be an option "always keep on autotrading after autotrading is applied". For this option, the user must make sure by himself, that if he closes Multicharts, and restarts Multicharts, all previous workspaces should be opened. If the user didn't set this behavior, MC should give a hint, that the user should set "Open all workspaces from previous session". So after restarting MC, MC autoapplies autotrading for all charts/strategies where "always keep on autotrading after autotrading is applied". Same as above: Only if the user stopped autotrading by himself (that does not include exitting MC) for a certain chart/strategy, MC does not autoapply autotrading.

I hope it is clear enough now. I don't mind how it is implemented. I think it is just important to have this feature.

TO_Trader

Postby TO_Trader » 11 Aug 2012

I would like to see this as well.

Return to “MultiCharts”