Issue with API

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
aczk

Issue with API

Postby aczk » 17 May 2012

Testing a swing trading strat. Realized today that MC does not know how many contract the strat has already bought, even though it is in sync mode. Also the API tab in TWS does not show anything, all API position are simply put under the portfolio tab. Is that related?

Other then this TWS to MC execution seems alright.

I mean when you close MC and it askes you "ur still have X positions, do u want to close them" and you don't then it ur start should remeber this or how does it work. Not sure if this is an error or my mistake????

Anyone? Much appreciate it!

TJ

Re: Issue with API

Postby TJ » 17 May 2012

Testing a swing trading strat. Realized today that MC does not know how many contract the strat has already bought, even though it is in sync mode. Also the API tab in TWS does not show anything, all API position are simply put under the portfolio tab. Is that related?

Other then this TWS to MC execution seems alright.

I mean when you close MC and it askes you "ur still have X positions, do u want to close them" and you don't then it ur start should remeber this or how does it work. Not sure if this is an error or my mistake????

Anyone? Much appreciate it!
MC version?
API TWS version?
OS?

aczk

Postby aczk » 17 May 2012

windows7
TWS Build 924.3a
MC 7.4 build 5041

thx

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 May 2012

windows7
TWS Build 924.3a
MC 7.4 build 5041

thx
Have you already installed the updater from this thread? If you have not-please do that and let us know if the issue is fixed or not.

Return to “MultiCharts”