Can i get the underlying symbol Name for a Custom symbol ?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
aljafp

Can i get the underlying symbol Name for a Custom symbol ?

Postby aljafp » 03 Jun 2012

hi,
Its there a way for me in powerlanguage to get the actual symbol name of a custom continuous symbol ?

E.g Say i name my custom symbol as "NK near", but the actual underlying symbol is now "NK M2".
If i apply an indicator on "NK near" is there a keyword/function i can call to get "NK M2" ?

thanks

JoshM

Re: Can i get the underlying symbol Name for a Custom symbol

Postby JoshM » 03 Jun 2012

Its there a way for me in powerlanguage to get the actual symbol name of a custom continuous symbol?
Not that I know of, but you could use the ExpirationDate reserved word with a little 'working backwards' to determine the symbol name.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Can i get the underlying symbol Name for a Custom symbol

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Jun 2012

hi,
Its there a way for me in powerlanguage to get the actual symbol name of a custom continuous symbol ?
E.g Say i name my custom symbol as "NK near", but the actual underlying symbol is now "NK M2".
If i apply an indicator on "NK near" is there a keyword/function i can call to get "NK M2" ?
thanks
Unfortunately there is no function/reserved word to return the actual symbol name of a custom continuous instrument.

You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

Return to “MultiCharts”