Backtest using Heiken Ashi chart type

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
martingale

Backtest using Heiken Ashi chart type

Postby martingale » 11 Jun 2012

if in my portfolio backtester, i want to use Heiken Ashi chart type instead of regular candle stick chart, how can i specify this?

thanks.

martingale

Re: Backtest using Heiken Ashi chart type

Postby martingale » 11 Jun 2012

or if there's a way to plot candle chart after calculate open,high,low,close of heikin ashi.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Jun 2012

Hello Martingale,

Chart type selection is not available in portfolio backtester. Only OHLC data values are used for calculation.

martingale

Postby martingale » 12 Jun 2012

could we add this to next release?
Hello Martingale,

Chart type selection is not available in portfolio backtester. Only OHLC data values are used for calculation.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Jun 2012

Hello Martingale,

Please leave a feature request at this web page if you want to have such functionality in future:
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

martingale

Postby martingale » 13 Jun 2012

Please leave a feature request at this web page if you want to have such functionality in future:
did one, MC developer has posted a reply
Posted by Andrew MultiCharts (Andrew MultiCharts), Today, 08:07
Heiken Ashi chart type is available for backtesting in MultiCharts, as well as for auto trading.

could you show me how to do that in backtesting?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 13 Jun 2012

did one, MC developer has posted a reply
Posted by Andrew MultiCharts (Andrew MultiCharts), Today, 08:07
Heiken Ashi chart type is available for backtesting in MultiCharts, as well as for auto trading.
could you show me how to do that in backtesting?
In your PM request you have not specified that you are referring to Porfolio Backtester. Please be more precise in your description next time.

In MultiCharts you can create a Heikin-Ashi chart (File->New->Chart->Settings tab->Chart type:Heikin-Ash) and apply your strategy to the chart to perform backtesting.

martingale

In your PM request you have not specified that you are referring to Porfolio Backtester. Please be more precise in your description next time.

In MultiCharts you can create a Heikin-Ashi chart (File->New->Chart->Settings tab->Chart type:Heikin-Ash) and apply your strategy to the chart to perform backtesting.
i set my chart to heikin type, just not sure how to apply chart type to backtesting, would you show me Henry.

thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 13 Jun 2012

i set my chart to heikin type, just not sure how to apply chart type to backtesting, would you show me Henry.
thanks.
Backtesting starts as soon as you apply a signal to the chart.
You can analyze the backtesting results in View->Strategy performance report.

martingale

thanks.
Backtesting starts as soon as you apply a signal to the chart.
You can analyze the backtesting results in View->Strategy performance report.
isn't portfolio backtester and multicharts windows runs separately? even i don't set chart type in charts windows, i can still perform backtest in portfolio backtester. so i don't understand why i need to apply a signal to the chart windows to make the backtester using Heikin chart type instead of regular OHLC type in that.
correct me if i'm wrong somewhere.

thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Jun 2012

isn't portfolio backtester and multicharts windows runs separately? even i don't set chart type in charts windows, i can still perform backtest in portfolio backtester. so i don't understand why i need to apply a signal to the chart windows to make the backtester using Heikin chart type instead of regular OHLC type in that.
correct me if i'm wrong somewhere.
thanks
Let me clarify it. MultiCharts and Portfolio Backtester are separate applications. Available functionality is different.

Chart type selection is not available in Portfolio Backtester. Only OHLC data values are used for calculation. That is not possible to use Heikin-Ashi chart type in Portfolio Backtester.

In MultiCharts you can create a Heikin-Ashi chart. You can apply your strategy to the chart and it will be backtested on this chart. For more information please refer to this article.

martingale

Postby martingale » 14 Jun 2012

Let me clarify it. MultiCharts and Portfolio Backtester are separate applications. Available functionality is different.

Chart type selection is not available in Portfolio Backtester. Only OHLC data values are used for calculation. That is not possible to use Heikin-Ashi chart type in Portfolio Backtester.

In MultiCharts you can create a Heikin-Ashi chart. You can apply your strategy to the chart and it will be backtested on this chart. For more information please refer to this article.

now i got you, thanks Henry

Return to “MultiCharts”