Observations for Chart Trading in MC Beta 3 64 bit

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
dahmen walter

Observations for Chart Trading in MC Beta 3 64 bit

Postby dahmen walter » 14 Jun 2012

There are (as far as tested with IB papertrading FA account) a few bugs in chart trading to be reported:
1) No remembering of active position after interruption of connectivity
Position is not reported and therefore assumed to be zero
2) While all futures seem to be OK in regard to delivering Bid and Ask data some cash Symbols
do not provide any bid or ask data in the chart trading area ( I attach a sample workspace)
You can see that EUR.JPY, AUD.CHF and GBP.CHF do not display any bis / ask data in contrast to
the other symbols (no buy or sell market as well) - however DOM for these Symbols is working
3) after having activated dual screen configuration (1 * 1920 * 1080 and 1 * 1280 * 1024 - working well for 2 years in version 6) from time to time the MC screen reduces its size from fullscreen 1920 to a smaller size (I assume 1280 * 1024), especially after a number of alerts have popped
up to a height higher than the screen, however this is not always the case and sometimes
without these alerts.
4) Right margin is not remembered - then the size of the window changes the right margin changes as well and does not stay fixed at 6 Bars
5) Parameters for exit strategies (Ticks for profit take, stop loss etc.) seem to be associated with a workspace - it would be more appropriate to have it associated with an individual chart within a workspace

Hopefully this can be corrected in time prior to final release
Attachments
Missing Chart Trading BID ASK DATA.png
(274.92 KiB) Downloaded 420 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Observations for Chart Trading in MC Beta 3 64 bit

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Jun 2012

There are (as far as tested with IB papertrading FA account) a few bugs in chart trading to be reported:
1) No remembering of active position after interruption of connectivity
Position is not reported and therefore assumed to be zero
2) While all futures seem to be OK in regard to delivering Bid and Ask data some cash Symbols
do not provide any bid or ask data in the chart trading area ( I attach a sample workspace)
You can see that EUR.JPY, AUD.CHF and GBP.CHF do not display any bis / ask data in contrast to
the other symbols (no buy or sell market as well) - however DOM for these Symbols is working
3) after having activated dual screen configuration (1 * 1920 * 1080 and 1 * 1280 * 1024 - working well for 2 years in version 6) from time to time the MC screen reduces its size from fullscreen 1920 to a smaller size (I assume 1280 * 1024), especially after a number of alerts have popped
up to a height higher than the screen, however this is not always the case and sometimes
without these alerts.
4) Right margin is not remembered - then the size of the window changes the right margin changes as well and does not stay fixed at 6 Bars
5) Parameters for exit strategies (Ticks for profit take, stop loss etc.) seem to be associated with a workspace - it would be more appropriate to have it associated with an individual chart within a workspace

Hopefully this can be corrected in time prior to final release
Hello Walter,
1) Are you referring to the situation when auto trading is turned off and then started again?
2) You need to re-add the instruments from the data source (QuoteManager->Instrument tab->Add symbol->From data source-> IB). Then you need to close all your workspaces and delete symbol mapping, create correct symbol mapping or if it is IB to IB chart-it will be created properly automatically.
Alternatively: disconnect your broker profile in MultiCharts->File->Broker profiles-> Manage. Create new IB profile in the same window. Use your new broker profile on the charts.
3) Do you mean that suddenly by itself MultiCharts window just changes its size? What are the exact steps of reproducing the issue? Please clarify. Full screen screenshots demonstrating the issue are welcome.
4) This issue will be fixed in MultiCharts 8.0 Release.
5) You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

dahmen walter

Postby dahmen walter » 15 Jun 2012

Hello Henry,

please find my comments / clarifications:
1) Are you referring to the situation when auto trading is turned off and then started again?
No - Simple Manual Chart Trading - It does not recognize the current status of a position in the respective instrument once the connection has been interrupted and sometimes in between the position as well as Profit Calculation field remain empty temporarily. -
At start the current position should be retrieved from the IB API from reqAccountUpdates() with updatePortfolioEx() events and thereafter multicharts should handle the events by itself.
Without this the user can erroneously assume a flat position what is not true as it was in my case with a Euro Futures position.
2) You need to re-add the instruments from the data source (QuoteManager->Instrument tab->Add symbol->From data source-> IB). Then you need to close all your workspaces and delete symbol mapping, create correct symbol mapping or if it is IB to IB chart-it will be created properly automatically.

I will try it out and report on success.

The following procedure finally worked:
1) Recreate Symbol
2) Delete Symbol-Mapping
3) Let opening the chart recreate the symbol mapping
4) In symbol mapping push the auto button as Danilo in viewtopic.php?f=1&p=51172#p51172 #8 realized and thereafter apply

3) Do you mean that suddenly by itself MultiCharts window just changes its size? What are the exact steps of reproducing the issue? Please clarify. Full screen screenshots demonstrating the issue are welcome.
Yes - Within an hour of absence if you return to your screen Size of the application windows has shrunken to a significant smaller size as visible from the attached png files.
Full Status.PNG
Full Status
(337.92 KiB) Downloaded 412 times
Shrunken Status.PNG
Reduced Size Status
(529.59 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
The old computer was a Core2Quad with a dedicated Nvidia Card with HDMI to a Full HD monitor from Samsung and a DVI to a 19'' 1280 * 1024 Dell via DVI and with MC 6.1 - Always ran without video related problems.- The new Computer (i3770 with Z77 chipset) uses Intel HD4000 onboard Graphics with HDMI and DVI to the same monitors causing theses size changes.

It seems that the remote Control Radmin when Service is stopped causes this problem along with a strange 59 Hz instead of 60 Hz timing for the monitor - I will watch in on Monday

Unfortunately this was not the reason as deactivating the service did not have any impact on the behavior - Intel driver is the latest version.
4) This issue will be fixed in MultiCharts 8.0 Release.
Good News
5) You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it:
I will do so in the near future

Done: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1014

dahmen walter

Postby dahmen walter » 18 Jun 2012

The answer for this behavior was simple.
I have given the HD4000 Graphics 256 MB RAM which seems not enough with True Color on 2 screens at the same time. Setting the screen to HighColor made the problem disappear. At next reboot I will increase Graphics RAM to higher settings.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Jun 2012

Hello Henry,

please find my comments / clarifications:
No - Simple Manual Chart Trading - It does not recognize the current status of a position in the respective instrument once the connection has been interrupted and sometimes in between the position as well as Profit Calculation field remain empty temporarily. -
At start the current position should be retrieved from the IB API from reqAccountUpdates() with updatePortfolioEx() events and thereafter multicharts should handle the events by itself.
Without this the user can erroneously assume a flat position what is not true as it was in my case with a Euro Futures position.
Hello Walter,

Unfortunately this behavior cannot be changed from our end. It is caused by IB API functionality.
Using API (same in TWS) you have to scroll your accounts to see open positions for them.

Return to “MultiCharts”