ask bid volume and chart resolution (chart compression)

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
chi jeongki

ask bid volume and chart resolution (chart compression)

Postby chi jeongki » 19 Jun 2012

Trade Volume can be added up, if chart resolution changes from 1 tick to 300 tick.
But ask volume and bid volume are not to be added up, since they represent ask and bid volume at the moment.
I must be misunderstanding the correct use of ask and bid import.
What is the intended use of ask and bid import?

Can MC handle negative volume?
If it can handle negative volume, then I can import ask bid volume change(delta, it can be negative number) as ask and bid volume, so that adding up(chart comporession) can also show the correct volume change.
Then I can draw sum of changes to represent current ask and bid volume.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: ask bid volume and chart resolution (chart compression)

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Jun 2012

Trade Volume can be added up, if chart resolution changes from 1 tick to 300 tick.
But ask volume and bid volume are not to be added up, since they represent ask and bid volume at the moment.
I must be misunderstanding the correct use of ask and bid import.
What is the intended use of ask and bid import?

Can MC handle negative volume?
If it can handle negative volume, then I can import ask bid volume change(delta, it can be negative number) as ask and bid volume, so that adding up(chart comporession) can also show the correct volume change.
Then I can draw sum of changes to represent current ask and bid volume.
Hello Chi Jeongki,

Ask and bid volumes are summed up same as trade volume. Unfortuantely there is no way to get only current ask and bid volumes. You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

Negative volumes are not allowed in MultiCharts.

Return to “MultiCharts”