[feature request] - Alert button

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
User avatar
arnie
Posts: 1581
Joined: 11 Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Has thanked: 472 times
Been thanked: 508 times

[feature request] - Alert button

Postby arnie » 20 Jun 2012

I've just created a PM feature request.

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... no=MC-1022

I'm requesting a button on the Toolbar to switch ON and OFF all alerts from all charts.

Regards,
Fernando

User avatar
arnie
Posts: 1581
Joined: 11 Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Has thanked: 472 times
Been thanked: 508 times

Re: [feature request] - Alert button

Postby arnie » 20 Jun 2012

Despite of what I've written, the alert option from the study preferences window although switching ON and OFF the standard MC alert (the right bottom corner yellow box), it does not switch ON and OFF the .wav files written on the study. They continue to be played.

I'm afraid that this fact can limit the alert button action since my idea is for the button to act on the .wav files and not necessarily on the yellow box popping up.

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8435
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1207 times
Been thanked: 2703 times

Re: [feature request] - Alert button

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Jun 2012

arnie wrote:Despite of what I've written, the alert option from the study preferences window although switching ON and OFF the standard MC alert (the right bottom corner yellow box), it does not switch ON and OFF the .wav files written on the study. They continue to be played.

I'm afraid that this fact can limit the alert button action since my idea is for the button to act on the .wav files and not necessarily on the yellow box popping up.

Arnie, please explain what do you mean. There are separate controls for enabling/disabling each type of alert (audio, visual, email).
Attachments
Format Study.png
Format Study.png (20.7 KiB) Viewed 91 times

User avatar
arnie
Posts: 1581
Joined: 11 Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Has thanked: 472 times
Been thanked: 508 times

Re: [feature request] - Alert button

Postby arnie » 21 Jun 2012

Henry Multicharts wrote:
arnie wrote:Despite of what I've written, the alert option from the study preferences window although switching ON and OFF the standard MC alert (the right bottom corner yellow box), it does not switch ON and OFF the .wav files written on the study. They continue to be played.

I'm afraid that this fact can limit the alert button action since my idea is for the button to act on the .wav files and not necessarily on the yellow box popping up.

Arnie, please explain what do you mean. There are separate controls for enabling/disabling each type of alert (audio, visual, email).



I'm referring too a simple button that would switch ON and OFF all alerts been set on that window. Basically, this button would override all options there.
When you have several alerts on each chart, 7 in my case, do you know the time spent opening each window to switch OFF each alert and then, 5 minutes later, switch ON all of them again?

A simple button in the toolbar that could override all alerts would be perfect to suspend all the alerts.

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8435
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1207 times
Been thanked: 2703 times

Re: [feature request] - Alert button

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Jun 2012

Your feature request is clear enough. My question was regarding the line from your post #2.
arnie wrote:Despite of what I've written, the alert option from the study preferences window although switching ON and OFF the standard MC alert (the right bottom corner yellow box), it does not switch ON and OFF the .wav files written on the study. They continue to be played.

Are you referring to audio alert selected in Format indicator->Alerts tab of a file called from a study itself?

User avatar
arnie
Posts: 1581
Joined: 11 Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Has thanked: 472 times
Been thanked: 508 times

Re: [feature request] - Alert button

Postby arnie » 21 Jun 2012

Henry Multicharts wrote:Your feature request is clear enough. My question was regarding the line from your post #2.
arnie wrote:Despite of what I've written, the alert option from the study preferences window although switching ON and OFF the standard MC alert (the right bottom corner yellow box), it does not switch ON and OFF the .wav files written on the study. They continue to be played.

Are you referring to audio alert selected in Format indicator->Alerts tab of a file called from a study itself?


Sorry about that, reading something and thinking about a different thing usually ends like this, confusion.

I was referring to a file called from within the study, like this:

Code: Select all

if UseAlerts = true then begin
         if HaveHiAlert = false and (OverBarCounter > 1) and LastBarOnchart_s then
         begin
            HaveHiAlert = true;
            
            if SelectAlertSymbol = "ES" then begin
               Alert(" ES @ New Overnight High: " + NumToStr(High, DecimalSpaces));
               PlaySound(Text("C:\Trademechanics Data\Sounds\SnPMadeNewHighDay.wav"));
            end
            else
            if SelectAlertSymbol = "EU" then begin
               Alert(" EU @ New Overnight High: " + NumToStr(High, DecimalSpaces));
               PlaySound(Text("C:\Trademechanics Data\Sounds\EuroMadeNewHighDay.wav"));
   

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8435
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1207 times
Been thanked: 2703 times

Re: [feature request] - Alert button

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Jun 2012

arnie wrote:I was referring to a file called from within the study, like this:

Code: Select all

if UseAlerts = true then begin
         if HaveHiAlert = false and (OverBarCounter > 1) and LastBarOnchart_s then
         begin
            HaveHiAlert = true;
            
            if SelectAlertSymbol = "ES" then begin
               Alert(" ES @ New Overnight High: " + NumToStr(High, DecimalSpaces));
               PlaySound(Text("C:\Trademechanics Data\Sounds\SnPMadeNewHighDay.wav"));
            end
            else
            if SelectAlertSymbol = "EU" then begin
               Alert(" EU @ New Overnight High: " + NumToStr(High, DecimalSpaces));
               PlaySound(Text("C:\Trademechanics Data\Sounds\EuroMadeNewHighDay.wav"));
   

Technically that should be possible to handle PlaySound command and be able to disable it for all charts across MultiCharts. Please add the following note to your PM request that this is the exact functionality you are requesting.
These users thanked the author Henry MultiСharts for the post:
arnie


Return to “MultiCharts”