No security definition has been found fo the request.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Splint

No security definition has been found fo the request.

Postby Splint » 04 Jul 2012

Hi,

My system has been trying to place trades on the september Euro futres contract and the order and position tracking log shows the orders have been rejected as no security definition has been found fo the request. I've checked everythig over and I cannot see any reason for the orders to be rejected.

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks
Splint
Attachments
__scr_2012_07_04_07_31_30.xls
(73.5 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
6EU2 QM.jpg
(39.35 KiB) Downloaded 1358 times
6EU2 TWS.jpg
(79.01 KiB) Downloaded 1349 times
6EU2.jpg
(107.8 KiB) Downloaded 1346 times
6EU2 warning.jpg
(59.31 KiB) Downloaded 1362 times

JoshM

Re: No security definition has been found fo the request.

Postby JoshM » 04 Jul 2012

Hm that's wierd, judging from the screenshots it looks correct. Don't know what causes this, but since support is closed today, some suggestions:

Have you tried removing the symbol mapping and re-add it?
Is it possible to trade 6EU2 if you make a MC chart or DOM based on the IB TWS contract (so not the ASCII mapping)? (If this works, it might be a symbol mapping issue)
Can you trade 6EU2 directly through IB TWS?

Btw, an easy way to check the symbol mapping settings is to open the chart trader on your ASCII instrument. If it's mapped correctly, you'll see the bid/ask of the instrument from IB.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Jul 2012

Splint, please reply to the questions posted above by Josh.
Are you able to place orders on "IB data to IB broker" chart? Can you see asks and bids on the manual trading panel?
What version of MultiCharts do you run?

Splint

Postby Splint » 06 Jul 2012

I just removed and readded the symbol mapping. Haven't encountered this problem since. I didn't try manual trading. I'm using version 7.4 Build 4953.

Just having another attempt to reply to this thread, I have no idea how the post from 5n3h3t9b1 found it's way in to this thread.

danilo

Postby danilo » 09 Jul 2012

Sometime I have the same problem (see: http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/v ... =1&t=10484), the main values to check are the values stored in the Broker Profile (not in QM). You should have one more exchange listed: MIBSX and you should also check that the future expiry is correct in the Broker profile mapping.

Splint

Postby Splint » 10 Jul 2012

The values in the broker profiles were correct, the only discrepancy I noticed were a few of the expiration dates were off by one day which is alomst certainly a time zone isssue.

MIBSX found it way into ZR and 6E when I re-added the contracts in symbol mapping. I'm not familar with MIBSX, which exchange is that? Are any other symbols meant to be associated with it?

Return to “MultiCharts”