A function for a String to Color value:

Studies that have been contributed to the community by other users. If you’ve got something useful to share, that’s great!
arjfca
Posts: 1273
Joined: 23 Nov 2010
Has thanked: 721 times
Been thanked: 222 times

A function for a String to Color value:

Postby arjfca » 09 Jul 2012

Hello

I created a function based on information received from user JoshM to translate in EasyLanguage value a Named color. The function will return Blue for the word "Blue"

Blue is a reserved word and it is considered as an Integer

The function to be created as a Numeric Function

Ex: NameToColor("Blue") will return Blue ** as an Integer
**: Constant, used to designate the color Blue

Code: Select all

Inputs:
   ColourName(StringSimple);
   
Variables:
   colourInLowerString(""); // not case-sensitive anymore
   
colourInLowerString = LowerStr(ColourName);
   
switch (colourInLowerString ) begin

   case "blue":
      NameToColor = blue;     
   case "black":
      NameToColor = black;
   case "cyan":
      NameToColor =  cyan;
   Case"green":
       NameToColor = Green;
   Case"magenta":
       NameToColor = Magenta;
   Case "red" :
       NameToColor = Red;
   Case "yellow" :
    NameToColor =  Yellow;
   Case "white" :
    NameToColor = White;
   Case "darkblue" :
    NameToColor =  DarkBlue;
   Case "darkcyan":
       NameToColor = DarkCyan;
   Case "darkgreen":
       NameToColor =  DarkGreen;    
   Case "darkmagenta":
       NameToColor = DarkMagenta;
   Case "darkred":
       NameToColor = DarkRed;
   Case "darkbrown" :
       NameToColor = DarkBrown;
   Case "darkgray":
       NameToColor = DarkGray;
   Case "lightgray":
       NameToColor = LightGray;
end;

User avatar
TJ
Posts: 6584
Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Location: Global Citizen
Has thanked: 970 times
Been thanked: 1907 times

Re: A function for a String to Color value:

Postby TJ » 09 Jul 2012

arjfca wrote:Hello

I created a function based on information received from user JoshM to translate in EasyLanguage value a Named color. The function will return Blue for the word "Blue"

Blue is a reserved word and it is considered as an Integer

The function to be created as a Numeric Function

Ex: NameToColor("Blue") will return Blue ** as an Integer
**: Constant, used to designate the color Blue
...


Interesting.

Thanks for sharing the code.

Can you explain how, or describe under what operation, to use this function?

arjfca
Posts: 1273
Joined: 23 Nov 2010
Has thanked: 721 times
Been thanked: 222 times

Re: A function for a String to Color value:

Postby arjfca » 09 Jul 2012

TJ wrote:
arjfca wrote:Hello

I created a function based on information received from user JoshM to translate in EasyLanguage value a Named color. The function will return Blue for the word "Blue"

Blue is a reserved word and it is considered as an Integer

The function to be created as a Numeric Function

Ex: NameToColor("Blue") will return Blue ** as an Integer
**: Constant, used to designate the color Blue
...


Interesting.

Thanks for sharing the code.

Can you explain how, or describe under what operation, to use this function?


I'm creating an indicator to display a horizontal Trend Line list. The Trend Line list is created in Excel and saved as a Global Variable. Once created, The indicator in MC will be called and a trend line will be created for each entry in the list. I will be able to set the size and the style and color for each of them.

The trend line list is saved as a CSV string

It will be easy to transport all trend line from one chart to the other

The Excel function is finished. Now, I'm working on the MC part. Later, I will add a text reference to each Trend Line

Steps'
Erase existing Trend Line
Read Trend line list
While Trend line to display
Install each of them with is own attributes
Loop

Martin

User avatar
TJ
Posts: 6584
Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Location: Global Citizen
Has thanked: 970 times
Been thanked: 1907 times

Re: A function for a String to Color value:

Postby TJ » 09 Jul 2012

arjfca wrote:I'm creating an indicator to display a horizontal Trend Line list. The Trend Line list is created in Excel and saved as a Global Variable. Once created, The indicator in MC will be called and a trend line will be created for each entry in the list. I will be able to set the size and the style and color for each of them.

The trend line list is saved as a CSV string

It will be easy to transport all trend line from one chart to the other

The Excel function is finished. Now, I'm working on the MC part. Later, I will add a text reference to each Trend Line

Steps'
Erase existing Trend Line
Read Trend line list
While Trend line to display
Install each of them with is own attributes
Loop

Martin


Thanks for sharing your project.
Sounds like a lot of fun.
Good luck.

SP
Posts: 444
Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 280 times

Re: A function for a String to Color value:

Postby SP » 10 Jul 2012

Attached is a function for calling 1045 colors as RGB code.

Second option:
Color Palette from http://jamstrategytrading.com/FreeStuff.htm#C with 140 colors.
Attachments
Color.rar
(22.98 KiB) Downloaded 176 times

User avatar
TJ
Posts: 6584
Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Location: Global Citizen
Has thanked: 970 times
Been thanked: 1907 times

Re: A function for a String to Color value:

Postby TJ » 19 Jul 2012

Too many color choices might be intimidating.

Here's a list of popular colors with their RGB value
Simply make a function with the name: e.g. COLOR.PURPLE, COLOR.ORANGE, etc.

e.g.

Code: Select all

// function: color.purple

color.purple = RGB(69, 0, 68);

Image

1. dark skin= 94, 28, 13
2. light skin= 241, 149, 108
3. blue sky= 97, 119, 171
4. foliage= 90, 103, 39
5. blue flower= 164, 131, 196
6. bluish green =140, 253, 153
7. orange= 255, 116, 21
8. purplish blue= 7, 47, 122
9. moderate red= 222, 29, 42
10. purple= 69, 0, 68
11. yellow green= 187, 255 19
12. orange yellow= 255, 142, 0
13. blue= 0, 0, 142
14. green= 64, 173, 38
15. red= 203, 0, 0
16. yellow= 255, 217, 0
17. magenta= 207, 3, 124
18. cyan= 0, 148, 189
19. white (.05)= 255, 255, 255
20. neutral 8 (.23)= 249, 249, 249
21. neutral 6.5 (.44)= 180, 180, 180
22. neutral 5 (.70)= 117, 117, 117
23. neutral 3.5 (1.05)= 53, 53, 53
24. black (1.50)= 0, 0, 0
Attachments
macbeth.jpg
macbeth.jpg (41.59 KiB) Viewed 774 times


Return to “User Contributed Studies and Indicator Library”