about exit strategy in mc8.0 chart trading window

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
johnmok

about exit strategy in mc8.0 chart trading window

Postby johnmok » 11 Jul 2012

i remember that in the old version, when i drag the trailing stop strategy to the active position

i can choose whether it trailing by tick or %.

i used to set it as percentage, and when it retrace back say 30% of my profit, the position will be closed.

but in mc 8.0, it seems changed, when i choose the % trailing stop option on a index futures like at 1000 pts, stop at e.g. 20%, it will set the trailing stop at 800, rather than the 20% of profit, like, 1080 if the profit is 100 pts.

how can i set it like before? am i doing something wrong? thanks!

Henry MultiСharts

Re: about exit strategy in mc8.0 chart trading window

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Jul 2012

i remember that in the old version, when i drag the trailing stop strategy to the active position

i can choose whether it trailing by tick or %.

i used to set it as percentage, and when it retrace back say 30% of my profit, the position will be closed.

but in mc 8.0, it seems changed, when i choose the % trailing stop option on a index futures like at 1000 pts, stop at e.g. 20%, it will set the trailing stop at 800, rather than the 20% of profit, like, 1080 if the profit is 100 pts.

how can i set it like before? am i doing something wrong? thanks!
Hello Johnmok,

Please attach a screenshot of the Trailing stop strategy that corresponds to your description and full size screenshot of your chart with open position and Trailing stop orders.
What old version of MultiCharts are you comparing with?

Return to “MultiCharts”