CQG Continuous Charts?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
wajodi

CQG Continuous Charts?

Postby wajodi » 14 Jul 2012

Does anyone know if CQG supports continuous charts? e.g. Esignal uses ES ##-## to run continuous Charts. I'm using MC Ver 8.0.5622 64bit

I am looking at E-mini S&P for September 2012 - CQG symbol is EPU12 with 1 day Resolution.

In Format Instrument > Settings, I have set Data Range to From: 09/01/2011 To: 07/15/2012.
The Chart displays beautifully but once you scroll back to mid January 2012 the OHLC bars quickly become small horizontal dashes. This is because in January and prior no one was trading the September contract.

Thanks in Advance............. Wajodi

wajodi

Re: CQG Continuous Charts?

Postby wajodi » 15 Jul 2012

I also contacted CQG Support about this question, their response is shown below. I will need to speak to Henry to see if he has the answer.
"Hi Wajodi,

Most of your questions are very specific to Multicharts itself. CQG provides data to Multicharts as you know, but I am unsure of how to do certain things in Multicharts itself. Those questions would best be answered by Multicharts directly. CQG does have continuous charts on our own products, but getting that data in Multicharts would most likely be different. Customers of CQG can export 300 bars of data at a time into Excel using a few different methods. I have no idea how it would be done in Multicharts. Again, I think it's best you contact them for these answers.

Let me know if there is anything else I might be able to do for you. Thanks.

Bryan Rosengarten
CQG FCM Desk Support"

TJ

Postby TJ » 15 Jul 2012

Do a search on "Custom Futures" in wiki. All the instructions are there.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 Jul 2012

Hello Wajodi,

Continuous instruments are not provided by CQG data feed. You need to create a Custom Futures in MultiCharts.

Return to “MultiCharts”