High/Lo prediction of bar close

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
wall richard
Posts: 60
Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 1 time

High/Lo prediction of bar close

Postby wall richard » 22 Jul 2012

I'm interested in predicting whether the close of a bar will be higher or lower than the open of the current bar or close of the previous bar. The prediction doesn't have to be the exact close, but only only if it's higher or lower than the bar's open. I've looked all over the internet and this forum and some claim 100% accuracy, but fail to provide the code.

Richard

User avatar
TJ
Posts: 6518
Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Location: Global Citizen
Has thanked: 957 times
Been thanked: 1883 times

Re: High/Lo prediction of bar close

Postby TJ » 30 Jul 2012

wall richard wrote:I'm interested in predicting whether the close of a bar will be higher or lower than the open of the current bar or close of the previous bar. The prediction doesn't have to be the exact close, but only only if it's higher or lower than the bar's open. I've looked all over the internet and this forum and some claim 100% accuracy, but fail to provide the code.

Richard

Go draw a flow chart or diagram(s) -- that's the first step in programming an indicator.

How many scenario are there?
What is the decision tree in each situation?
What are the expectations?
How does the outcome look like?

wall richard
Posts: 60
Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: High/Lo prediction of bar close

Postby wall richard » 02 Aug 2012

OK TJ.

I'll try to simplify the objective. Let's use real time Open data with range bars. Predicting the following Open with respect to current open. Precision is semi important. By that, I wish to predict if the predicted open is either lower or higher than current open.

I've thought of simple neural nets and iterative loops weighting variables and controlled by decreasing error generated.

Any and all other suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Richard

User avatar
TJ
Posts: 6518
Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Location: Global Citizen
Has thanked: 957 times
Been thanked: 1883 times

Re: High/Lo prediction of bar close

Postby TJ » 02 Aug 2012

wall richard wrote:OK TJ.

I'll try to simplify the objective. Let's use real time Open data with range bars. Predicting the following Open with respect to current open. Precision is semi important. By that, I wish to predict if the predicted open is either lower or higher than current open.

I've thought of simple neural nets and iterative loops weighting variables and controlled by decreasing error generated.

Any and all other suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Richard


Well, how many open scenarios are there?

wall richard
Posts: 60
Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: High/Lo prediction of bar close

Postby wall richard » 02 Aug 2012

I'm not sure what you mean by open scenarios. Can you be more precise?

I use "open" as open price of the bar. One?

User avatar
TJ
Posts: 6518
Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Location: Global Citizen
Has thanked: 957 times
Been thanked: 1883 times

Re: High/Lo prediction of bar close

Postby TJ » 02 Aug 2012

wall richard wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by open scenarios. Can you be more precise?

I use "open" as open price of the bar. One?

Where can the bar open? How many permutations are there?

Before you can create an indicator, you have to map all the possible outcomes.
Have you done this step?

wall richard
Posts: 60
Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: High/Lo prediction of bar close

Postby wall richard » 02 Aug 2012

There are three possibilities for the predicted Open of the next bar. Since we are dealing with range bars there are two possibilities above or below the high or low of the range bar. The third is that the predicted bar will equal the current bar. Again I am only interested in whether the predicted open of the next bar is above or below the present open. Precision is only secondary.

User avatar
TJ
Posts: 6518
Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Location: Global Citizen
Has thanked: 957 times
Been thanked: 1883 times

Re: High/Lo prediction of bar close

Postby TJ » 02 Aug 2012

wall richard wrote:There are three possibilities for the predicted Open of the next bar. Since we are dealing with range bars there are two possibilities above or below the high or low of the range bar. The third is that the predicted bar will equal the current bar. Again I am only interested in whether the predicted open of the next bar is above or below the present open. Precision is only secondary.

Can you draw the diagrams of the opening scenarios?

wall richard
Posts: 60
Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: High/Lo prediction of bar close

Postby wall richard » 03 Aug 2012

Maybe my written description wasn't clear enough.

See attached diagram.

It's really not that complex. Predict next bar Open either Up Or Down as compared to current bar Open.

BTW, any data or data source may be used in the computation.

So now that the request is properly presented in detail let's move forward to a solution.

Richard
Attachments
001.jpg
001.jpg (708.5 KiB) Viewed 136 times


Return to “MultiCharts”