Testing for a 2' instrument in data 2  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arjfca

Testing for a 2' instrument in data 2

Postby arjfca » 27 Jul 2012

Hello MC fan

I want to add some functionality to my indicator that is use send data to Excel. I would like to send also data from a second chart on my workspace.

Since this indicator could be use in any workspace, I would like to prevent a failure of the indicator by testing the presence of a 2' data

Is it possible? When I try to access data 2 when there is none, I got an error and the indicator is stopped.

A good weekend to all

Martin

Dave Masalov

Re: Testing for a 2' instrument in data 2

Postby Dave Masalov » 03 Aug 2012

Hello MC fan

I want to add some functionality to my indicator that is use send data to Excel. I would like to send also data from a second chart on my workspace.

Since this indicator could be use in any workspace, I would like to prevent a failure of the indicator by testing the presence of a 2' data

Is it possible? When I try to access data 2 when there is none, I got an error and the indicator is stopped.

A good weekend to all

Martin
Hello Martin,

Unfortunately there is no way to do it automatically. The solution is to add an input which will determine how many data series you have on this particluar chart and change this input when you apply the study if needed.

arjfca

Re: Testing for a 2' instrument in data 2  [SOLVED]

Postby arjfca » 03 Aug 2012

That what the solution that i had implented

Martin :)

Return to “MultiCharts”