Problem with Strategy Display on Chart

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ct3232

Problem with Strategy Display on Chart

Postby ct3232 » 01 Aug 2012

Can anyone help me with the display of strategy problem as shown on the attached chart. This is a relatively simple breakout strategy, with a profit target, trailing stop and initial stop. Somehow MC is calculating and displaying exits that can not possibly occur based on the chart prices. Any clues??
Attachments
MCscreenshot.png
(105.48 KiB) Downloaded 348 times

TJ

Re: Problem with Strategy Display on Chart

Postby TJ » 01 Aug 2012

Can anyone help me with the display of strategy problem as shown on the attached chart. This is a relatively simple breakout strategy, with a profit target, trailing stop and initial stop. Somehow MC is calculating and displaying exits that can not possibly occur based on the chart prices. Any clues??
Without reading your code, I can speculate that the non-time based chart is the culprit; they are never a good candidate for backtesting.

TJ

Postby TJ » 01 Aug 2012

which version of MultiCharts you are using?

ct3232

Postby ct3232 » 01 Aug 2012

Thanks - I'm still using version 7.4 (build 4953)

I've had so many problems in the past when I up grade to leter version, that I'm holding out form as long as possible.

I am using range bars and not time based bars and you're right, when I run on time based bars, there is no problem.

TJ

Postby TJ » 01 Aug 2012

Thanks - I'm still using version 7.4 (build 4953)

I've had so many problems in the past when I up grade to leter version, that I'm holding out form as long as possible.

I am using range bars and not time based bars and you're right, when I run on time based bars, there is no problem.
I would upgrade.

You can upgrade to MultiCharts v8 64 bit version.

The 64 bit version is a separate program from the 32 bit version; when you install it, your 32 bit v7 will not be overwritten. It will still be there for you to fall back on in case you need it.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Aug 2012

Hello,

Are you using Bar Magnifier and/or Extended Backtesting?
You can check it in Format tab->Strategy properties->Backtesting tab.

ct3232

Postby ct3232 » 03 Aug 2012

Henry

Yes I am using Bar Magnifier, set to 1 tick.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Aug 2012

ct3232, can this problem be easily reproduced? Does it happen every time to this strategy ?

Have you tried to clear cache for the instrument in QuoteManager or restart MultiCharts with finishing all processes?

Have you tried it on MultiCharts 8.0 Release ?

Return to “MultiCharts”