Will GlobalVariable.dll work with mc.net?

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
riverTrader

Will GlobalVariable.dll work with mc.net?

Postby riverTrader » 05 Aug 2012

I suppose I could just test this. I'm assuming the answer is yes.

Will GlobalVariable.dll work with mc.net? IOW can we link to an external C++ DLL?

I realize GV is somewhat redundant for mc.net, but it will make some of the transition easier if I can.

I really only care about GlobalVariable.dll 32-bit btw. Once I transition to 64-bit (Yay!!) I'll have abandoned the kludge.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Will GlobalVariable.dll work with mc.net?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Aug 2012

Hello riverTrader,

GlobalVariable.dll should work with MultiCharts .Net.
The write/read procedure done by this dll can be also achieved with the help of .Net functionality, so the usage of this dll can be omitted.
You can link to an external C++ dll as well.

riverTrader

Postby riverTrader » 06 Aug 2012

Excellent, thanks Henry. This will help with the transition. At the moment I generate signals from a C# application; I have to use GV.dll to make the data available in TS and MC. This will allow me to make the transition to mc.net while keeping the current TS system active until I have all the functionality ported.

BTW: The most important issue I have is linking to a C# external .dll; I sent a long post about the issues I found. Until I get this resolved I can't really embrace mc.net.

riverTrader

Postby riverTrader » 15 Aug 2012

if anyone is interested I have a C# wrapper class for calling GlobalVariable.dll extern functions. It was written for TS, so I'd have to brush it up and test it.

Until mc.net supports .net 4.0 and in memory file mapping, GV will remain a great IPC tool.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”