Sending Orders to Multiple Accounts?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ausstone

Sending Orders to Multiple Accounts?

Postby ausstone » 19 Aug 2012

I have 3 futures broker accounts. Can MC send orders to each broker for the same strategy or do I have to have 3 different workspaces?

TJ

Re: Sending Orders to Multiple Accounts?

Postby TJ » 19 Aug 2012

I have 3 futures broker accounts. Can MC send orders to each broker for the same strategy or do I have to have 3 different workspaces?
are you referring to InteractiveBroker's family and friends accounts?

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 20 Aug 2012

In MultiCharts a strategy on chart can place orders only for 1 account a time. Other words, 1 chart = 1 account.

If you have 3 accounts under 1 login (1 broker profile, 3 accounts) you will need 3 separate chart windows trading individually on each of the accounts (specified in broker plug-in configuration).

If this is Financial Advisor (FA) or Family and Friends account from IB or PAMM account from FXCM, all orders can be sent from 1 chart to master account and then they are allocated to subaccounts on broker end.

versor

Postby versor » 08 Nov 2022

If you have 3 accounts under 1 login (1 broker profile, 3 accounts) you will need 3 separate chart windows trading individually on each of the accounts (specified in broker plug-in configuration).
Could someone please show with an image where and how (in the broker plug-in configuration or where it corresponds) we should link/configure a chart to send orders to a specific account and avoid mistakes to send orders to other accounts that are under the same login?

Thanks!

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 08 Nov 2022

Hi versor,

Do you use manual or auto trading? What is your broker?

versor

Postby versor » 08 Nov 2022

Hi versor,

Do you use manual or auto trading? What is your broker?
Hi Svetlana,
I want to use autotrading with Interactive Brokers (IB).
Following a guide in the MC wiki, I created 3 IB profiles (IB1, IB2, IB3) with different ports (7496, 7497, 7498) in MC.

IB1 is intended to connect with a paper trading account which has a its own login. Since this is for testing I want to send autotrading orders to this account from many charts/strategies.
IB2 is to connect with a login which has 2 real accounts. For now I want to send autotrading orders from 2 charts/strategies in MC to account 2.
IB3 is to connect with another login which has 7 real accounts. For now I want to send autotrading orders from 3 charts/strategies in MC to account 6.

I want to know how to properly configure charts to autotrade with the specific intended accounts an avoid mixing orders and accounts. Images will be helpful if possible please.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 09 Nov 2022

Versor,

You need to select correct broker plug-in and account in each auto trading chart.
IB def account.png
(50.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 09 Nov 2022

Before auto trading is started you can double check the broker profile and account from the Warning window.
IB AT.png
(93.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet

versor

Re: Sending Orders to Multiple Accounts?  [SOLVED]

Postby versor » 09 Nov 2022

Those images help a lot.

Thanks for your help Svetlana.

Kind regards,

Return to “MultiCharts”