DOM docking  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
boze_man

DOM docking

Postby boze_man » 20 Aug 2012

Hello...is there a Hotkey fcn or way to Dock/Undock the Dom from the workspace page? Somtimes it is docked and then once it becomes undocked there is no way to attach it back...thanks

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: DOM docking

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 20 Aug 2012

Hello,

There are 2 DOM windows in MC:
1. Docked DOM window. View -> Show DOM window. This DOM window cannot be moved. It can be shown or hidden.
2. Regular separate DOM window. File -> New -> DOM window. This DOM window can be placed anywhere on your screen and it can be stuck to be displayed always on top, but not to a particular workspace.
Attachments
dockable dom.png
(105.74 KiB) Downloaded 420 times

boze_man

when i do #1 the window is floating and NOT docked w/in the workspace...somehow it has becomed detached and i cannot redock it...if i create a new workspace then it will work as you show

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 20 Aug 2012

when i do #1 the window is floating and NOT docked w/in the workspace...somehow it has becomed detached and i cannot redock it...if i create a new workspace then it will work as you show
Sorry, tried on an old version of MC. Yes, you can undock it and move once it is shown. To dock it back you need to move it to left part of your workspace. It is hard to explain, if you want we can show it in live chat room during remote connection.

boze_man

Re: DOM docking  [SOLVED]

ok...that makes sense now...i can re-dock via your move to left method...thanks!

boze_man

also looks like moving off to extreme right will dock on the right....

Return to “MultiCharts”