MC8 Chart Trading - PNL and Stock purchase problem?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Kasper

MC8 Chart Trading - PNL and Stock purchase problem?

Postby Kasper » 20 Aug 2012

Hi,

i'm messing around with MC8/32 with some chart trading. Setup with IQ Feed for quotes and IAB as broker on a live account via TWS. Windows 2008R2 with 24 GB memory.

1. I place order for XX amount of AAPL shares - gets executed fine. Works fine for a bit then PNL display starts to "play up" and starts showing wrong numbers (went from 1.4% profit to 21% loss - with share price about the same) within 5 minutes. After which it reset back to 1.x% profit - and got stuck - stayed at 1.x% profit no matter how the share moved.

2. Then I place a chart order from AMD. Still with IQFeed for quotes and IAB as broker. Just for fun - 200 shares of AMD - as a limit order at 4.07. Order get registered - and executes with IAB after a few minutes (it was a limit order) - and MC Order Position Tracker - shows order as filled - but order does not show in the chart.

So I waited 1/2 hour - and still with AAPL PNL stuck at 1.x% profit despite prices moving up and down - and with AMD shares "stuck" inside MC8 somewhere - I decided to restart MC.

I got a shutdown message saying 1 limit (stop loss order) active and 2 open positions... (as it should be)

I restart - and AMD is STILL not showing as an order on the chart - but now AAPL PNL display starts working again. But both AAPL & AMD is in the order position tracker.

What can be wrong here? (Apart from me being stupid)

Henry MultiСharts

Re: MC8 Chart Trading - PNL and Stock purchase problem?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Aug 2012

Hello Kasper,

Have you setup the symbol mapping IQFeed to iB ?
Are you able to see the ask and bid prices on the manual trading panel of the chart ?

Kasper

Postby Kasper » 20 Aug 2012

Hello Kasper,

Have you setup the symbol mapping IQFeed to iB ?
Are you able to see the ask and bid prices on the manual trading panel of the chart ?
1. Yes I was able to see the ask and bid on the manual trade panel
2. Yes - Symbol mapping was in place - BUT - I edited the symbol map - with 0 changes - and now I have order in sync. So there must have been some "data" mismatch after my upgrade to v8?
3. But what about PNL not showing updates?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Aug 2012

Kasper, have you added the symbols from data source or manually?
Please re-add the instruments from data source:
In the QuoteManager please go to Instrument tab->Add symbol->From data source.
Can you see PnL updates in TWS?
Which option is selected in File->Broker profiles->Manage->IB->Unrealized Profit Calculation mode?

If you still have the issue-please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST. We will do our best to help you.

Return to “MultiCharts”